Candle Blamed For Nashua, NH Fire That Injured 3-Year-Old

NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — Fire officials say a candle caused a fire in an apartment building in the New Hampshire city of Nashua that sent a 3-year-old girl to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

A firefighter was also treated at the hospital for a dog bite to the neck.

The fire was reported on Friday morning. Firefighters escorted one of the occupants out of a first-floor apartment and rescued a dog from a second-floor apartment. A second dog died in the fire.

Fire crews were able to put out the fire and contain it to the bedroom where it started from a candle on a night stand.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Download Our App
Download Weather App

Listen Live