Patriots-Falcons Notes And Fun Facts
Patriots CentralBuy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some news and notes for Sunday’s game between the Patriots and the Falcons:
- This marks the 13th time the Pats and the Falcons have squared off. The last time came in 2009, when the Patriots won 26-10 at Gillette Stadium.
- This is the second of five nationally televised game the Pats have this season.
- Tom Brady’s first start against an NFC team was against the Falcons on Nov. 4, 2001. Brady went 21-for-31 for 250 yards and three touchdowns. The Pats won 24-10
- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff was the Director of College Scouting in New England from 2003-2007.
- Falcons Defensive Line Coach Ray Hamilton played his entire nine-year NFL career with the Pats. He is fifth on the Pats all-time sack list with 54.
- Stephen Gostkowski has tied Adam Viniatieri for team lead with eight career 50-yard field goals. He needs one more to become the all-time leader.
- The Pats have forced a turnover in 30 straight games dating back to 2011.
- The Pats will attempt to extend their streak of four-straight games without allowing an opponent to score in the fourth quarter.
- With one more win, Bill Belichick will tie Chuck Knoll for fifth place for most career wins (209).
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.