Reporting Levan Reid
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
BOSTON (CBS) – With Sunday’s win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Patriots are 3-0 for the first time since 2007.
Not bad when you consider all the scrutiny the team has taken in the last couple weeks. It was a complete effort against the Buccaneers with both the offense and defense getting the job done.
Here are your Gold Stars and Penalty Flags from Week 3:
The Gold Stars
- Chandler Jones gets a gold star. They are lining Chandler up all over the line and he’s making a difference each week. He racked up another sack to give him three on the season. Jones is playing big-boy football and has become nearly unguardable 1-on-1. Opponents are finally talking about the Pats’ defensive pressure, and when they do Chandler’s name is a big part of it.
- Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thomkins both get gold stars. The rookie wide receivers showed what they can do against Tampa Bay with Dobson moving the chains and Thompkins catching the touchdowns. With a couple games under their belts, maybe the young ones have found their roles.
- Stephen Gostkowski gets a gold star. He booted a 53-yard field goal to end the half and his kickoffs were touchbacks all game long. The Pats’ kicker did his job, and is now 8-for-9 on the season.
- Brandon Bolden finished the game with respectable numbers, but there was a play in the game where he stopped running on a ball. The Bucs jumped offside and the Pats had a free play. Tom chose to go long to Bolden, who pulled up and then started running again. He found his way to the sidelines afterwards, and should know he has to be better than that. He’s not good enough not to play all out.
WATCH: Reid’s Minute Roundup
- Kyle Arrington has been strong all season but he struggled against the Buccaneers. Mike Williams basically dragged him all around the field and he found his way to the bench for rookie Logan Ryan. He’s the Pats slot corner and has to be able to get out there on the island though.
- Finally, where is Josh Boyce?? How many games will it take for him to get in the mix? We all heard he was supposed to be getting better but he’s making no difference on the field. He needs to get out there.
Follow Levan Reid on Twitter @LevanReid.