SPENCER (CBS) —- The yard sale wasn’t going too well over the soggy holiday weekend but it took a scary turn during a midday thunderstorm.
Kathleen Laprade’s grandchildren went running when the lightning bolt hit, saying they felt the shock.
“I was a big loud burst,” she said.
Next door, Bruce Kennen was just returning home from some errands.
“It sounded like a shotgun went off,” Kennen said.
His home’s electrical system took a temporary hit.
So did neighbor’s Lisa Dupuis.
“All of a sudden a lightning bolt went right through the house,” Dupuis said. “It scared the bejesus out of us.”
Firefighters scoured all three homes but could find no damage.
Peter Peterson declined a trip to the hospital but his sister Amanda went to be checked out as a precaution.
Doctors tell WBZ-TV Amanda Peterson is probably OK, but may be held overnight as a precaution.