Celtics 2013-14 Schedule Released
Celtics CentralShop for Celtics Gear
Buy Celtics Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers are all gone, and so are nationally televised games for the Boston Celtics.
The NBA released its schedule on Tuesday night, and the rebuilding Celtics will only be featured three times on national TV this season.
Here are some of the highlights of the 2013-14 Boston Celtics schedule:
- Brad Stevens will make his NBA Debut when the C’s open things up in Toronto on Wednesday, October 30 against the Raptors. It’s not the opening night tilt the Celtics have had with the Miami Heat in years past, but it’s what we can expect out of the Celtics schedule for the next few seasons.
- The Celtics will open their season at the Garden two nights later against the Bucks on Friday, November 1.
- Garnett and Pierce will return to the Garden for the first time as Brooklyn Nets on Sunday, January 26. That game will be broadcast on ESPN. The C’s also face the Nets in Brooklyn on Tuesday, Dec. 10, in Boston on Friday, March 7, and back in Brooklyn on Friday, March 21.
- Celtics fans will get a chance to see Doc Rivers man the Clippers bench for the first time on Wednesday, December 11 when they come to town. The Celtics also visit the Clippers on Wednesday, Jan. 8.
- As for that other team from Los Angeles — the rival Lakers — they come to town Friday, Jan. 17, with the Celtics visiting L.A. Friday, Feb. 21.
- The Celtics will welcome the defending champions Miami Heat to the Garden on Wednesday, March 19.
- The Celtics get their first chance to avenge last season’s playoff loss to the Knicks on Sunday Dec. 8 in New York. They play the division-rival Knicks three other times.