Filed underLocal, News, NFL, Patriots, Seen On WBZ-TV, Sports, Syndicated Local, Syndicated Sports, Watch + Listen
The star-player’s name was also removed from the team roster on the New England Patriots website.
WBZ-TV’s Michelle Roberts spoke to fans at Patriot Place who expressed disappointment in the star player.
“I’m just depressed about the situation, about the fact a person’s life has been lost,” one fan said.
Another fan said she is not surprised given what she’s read about Hernandez’s past.
“We just know him as an athlete, we don’t know him as a person,” she said. “I hope it’s not true but it just doesn’t look good.”
Hernandez was a fourth round pick of the Patriots in 2010 out of the University of Florida.
He signed a five-year, $40 million extension last year. Of that $40 million, $16 million was guaranteed.
According to the NFL Network, the Patriots may still have to pay Hernandez $2.46 million over the next two years.
Hernandez has been the focus of a homicide investigation for more than a week.
Timeline Aaron Hernandez Investigation
The body of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester was found in a field less than a half-mile away from Hernandez’s home on Monday, June 17.
He had been shot.
Lloyd’s family told WBZ-TV he was dating a woman whose sister is Hernandez’s fiancee.