Lawsuit Accused Aaron Hernandez Of Shooting Man In Florida
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is accused of shooting a man in Miami earlier this year, according to court documents obtained by WBZ-TV Wednesday.
In a lawsuit filed in federal court in Florida last Thursday, Hernandez is accused of shooting a man in the face after an altercation at a strip club.
Read: The Lawsuit (.pdf)
According to the lawsuit, first reported by TMZ, Hernandez and Alexander Bradley went to Tootsie’s Cabaret in Miami on February 13, 2013 and got into an argument.
Both men left the club in the same car and during the ride, according to the suit, Hernandez allegedly aimed a gun at Bradley and the gun went off.
Bradley claims he lost his right eye, needed surgery to reconstruct his face, and suffered damage to his right hand and arm.
The suit also claimed Hernandez did not have a license to carry the firearm.
He demanded more than $100,000 from Hernandez in the lawsuit.
Bradley’s attorney, David Jaroslawicz, tells WBZ-TV the lawsuit was filed last Thursday and withdrawn only because of a minor error. It was re-filed Wednesday afternoon in US District Court.
WBZ-TV contacted the Miami Dade County State Attorney, the Broward County State Attorney and Palm Beach County State Attorney Wednesday about the alleged incident and all said they have no record of it.
No charges have been filed yet in criminal court.
There has been no comment from Hernandez, who is currently under investigation in connection with a homicide near his home in North Attleboro.
Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester, was found dead in an industrial park Monday, less than a mile from Hernandez’s house.
There have been no arrests.
Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in the homicide investigation, a law enforcement source told WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson Wednesday.