BOSTON (AP) — One of the two brothers who lost their right legs in the Boston Marathon bombing has been released from the hospital. And J.P. Norden said Friday that he’s looking forward to “a new life, a better life” than the one he led before the attack.
The 33-year-old Norden said he’s happier now because people have shown him so much support since the bombing.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports
Norden left Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital in Boston on Friday and was headed for his parents’ house in Wakefield. He’ll meet up there with his brother, Paul, who’d been previously released from another hospital.
J.P. said he’s looking forward to doing physical therapy with Paul, because he knows the two will push each other.
J.P. said Friday that he’s doing “awesome,” though he’s still waiting to hear if he’ll need more surgeries.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.