Felger & Mazz: 10 Questions With Wiggy
In this week’s edition of 10 Questions with Wiggy, the guys discuss the Bruins playoffs run, the NBA Playoffs, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Wiggy translates his text message to Felger.
10 Questions with Wiggy:
10. If you had to root for any hockey team other than the Bruins, who would it be? In other words, your second-favorite NHL team?
9. Will Middlebrooks made another terrible play in the field last night and Ciriaco has sucked most of the year in the field. Meanwhile, Jose Iglesias, in Pawtucket, is starting to get action at third and second base. The Sox say they want to get him some work there, in case of emergency longterm, but do you bring him up now to be a utility guy?
8. If you had to root for any basketball team other than the Celtics, who would it be? In other words, your second-favorite NBA team?
7. We talked yesterday about the man in Kentucky who broke into a grocery store and consumed 57 cans of Reddi-wip. Mazz was impressed, until we told him the guy did it for the nitrous, not the whip cream. I ask you, Wiggy: What one food can you eat in bulk more than any other? If you were in an eating contest, what would be the food you’d choose? Mazz?
6. Of the remaining free agents remaining on the market in the NFL, who would be your first choice for the Pats?
5. Wiggy word on the street text: “Watching my boi Scrap get his fizznaye on, check out 42 it drops knowledge, & u need to get on French — that’s ur assignment for the next couple of weeks!” Please translate.
4. Jacoby Ellsbury took another 0-for-4 last night and has arguably been the worst every day leadoff hitter in the American League. Is it time for a chance, and if it is, who would be your leadoff hitter tonight for the Sox?
3. The NFL is talking about moving the draft from the end of April to the middle of May. How do we feel about that?
2. Wiggy, you’ve long been a critic of Claude Julien and still want him fired. Last week, we asked you who you’d want to replace him and you said Mike Keenan, losing yourself a ton of credibility. We’re giving you a mulligan. Pick again.
1. The Sox season is now just over a quarter over, and at 27-18 and they have a .600 winning percentage and are on pace for 97 wins. I had them for 88. Mazz had them for 84. Beetle had them for 86. Not sure of your projection, Wiggy. Does anyone care to revise their estimate?