7 Injured In Early Morning House Fire In Worcester
WORCESTER (CBS) – Seven people were injured in an early morning fire in Worcester on Saturday.
Flames broke out at a home on Hitchcock Road around 5 a.m.
Worcester’s District Fire Chief told WBZ-TV that seven people were trapped inside the home when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters managed to rescue everyone. Some were pulled through windows and down ladders.
The extent of injuries was not immediately known.
Fire investigators say it appears a burning candle too close to curtains started the fire.
In all, 15 people lived in the multi-family home.