BOSTON (CBS) – The Boston Police Department is extending the deadline for people to re-claim property that was left behind at the scene of the Boston Marathon bombings.
There are three ways to find out about property:
1) Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) By calling the Mayor’s Hotline at 617-635-4500
3) By visiting the Return of Property Center at Boston Police Department HQ in the Media Room from 8 am to 8 pm from Tuesday, 4/23 – Saturday 4/27.
For anyone choosing to visit Boston Police HQ; the following rules will be in place:
1) Parking will be available to property owners in the horseshoe at HQ and on Tremont Street
2) Two Community Service Officers will be assigned to greet property owners
3) Support Services will be available from the BPHC, FBI, and BPD
4) Officers will be available to take information, and retrieve property on site if the property is in the BPD’s possession
5) Officers will be available to take lost property reports if the BPD does not have the property, or if there is property missing when it is returned to the owner.
BPD will deliver items to owners in the greater Boston area who are unable to pick up their items.
If owners are located in Massachusetts, but outside of the greater Boston area, BPD will coordinate with local police departments to facilitate delivery of lost items.