Private Funeral Held For Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Martin Richard

BOSTON (CBS) — The family of Martin Richard said their final goodbyes Tuesday morning.

The Richard family released a statement Tuesday afternoon, saying a private funeral was celebrated with immediate family.

“We laid our son Martin to rest, and he is now at peace. We plan to have a public memorial service in the coming weeks to allow friends and loved ones from our community to join us for a celebration of Martin’s life,” the statement said.

Eight-year-old Martin Richard was killed in the Boston Marathon bombings on Patriots’ Day. Martin’s mother and sister also suffered serious injuries in the blast.

Hundreds of people turned out for a vigil in Dorchester for Richard, the day after the bombings.

“The outpouring of love and support over the last week has been tremendous. This has been the most difficult week of our lives and we appreciate that our friends and family have given us space to grieve and heal,” the family said in the statement.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live