Cigarette Sparked Rooftop Fire At Boston Brownstone

BOSTON (CBS) – Investigators say the careless disposal of a cigarette sparked a rooftop fire at 182 Beacon Street Monday night.

Boston Fire says a flower pot on the roof deck of the 14-unit brownstone was being used as an ashtray.

Flames burned through the roof and into the top floor of the six-story building.

There were no injuries reported. The fire caused an estimated $1 million in damage.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live