Gresh and Zo go “no huddle” around the NFL, with help from Hardy, commenting on everything from the NFL Combine to some NFL rumors.
1. The football world was focused on Manti Te’o on Saturday. Te’o took to the podium in front of hundreds of media members and was asked numerous times about his “girlfriend” Lennay Kakua. Te’o did shed a little light about how it’s affected him.
2. Te’o's former teammates are catching shrapnel from NFL teams. Friday night at the start of one NFC team’s 15-minute interview with Tyler Eifert – the former Notre Dame tight end who is considered a possible first-round selection –the team’s head coach asked Eifert if he had a girlfriend and then inquired if she was real. Everyone in the room had a good laugh.
3. Chiefs coach Andy Reid also spoke this weekend and was asked about possibly trading the number one overall pick in the draft. Rumors around the league also say Kansas City has found their quarterback, reportedly agreeing to a trade with the San Francisco 49ers that will send Alex Smith to the Chiefs.
4. LSU defensive end Sam Montgomery has been accused of being ‘too honest” at the combine. During one of his press conferences he said, “You know, some weeks when we didn’t have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed. But when we had the big boys coming in — the Bamas or the South Carolinas — I grabbed close to those guys and went all-out.”
Montgomery went on to discuss “hundreds of dollars” in bets made with teammate Barkevious Mingo, including one for $5,000 that the LSU defensive end will be drafted higher.
Draft insider Tony Pauline reported late Saturday that LSU’s coaching staff has been “slamming” Montgomery to NFL teams.
5. Jim Harbaugh was asked about what could turn him off from a prospect, and he didn’t just give the stock answer:
“Oh, somebody that’s not truthful. I mean, that’s big to me. I’m a big fan of the Judge Judy show. When you lie in Judy Judy’s courtroom, it’s over. Your credibility is completely lost. You stand no chance of winning that case. So, I learned that from her. And, it’s very powerful, and true because if somebody does lie to you, then how can you ever trust anything that they ever say after that?” said the head coach.
6. Finally, the guys enjoyed some of Mike Mayock’s highlights from the weekend.