Reporting Levan Reid
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some fun facts for Sunday’s Patriots-Jaguars game in Jacksonville.
- The Pats are the first Franchise in NFL history to score 500 or more points in four seasons; 589 in 2007, 518 in 2010, 513 in 2011, and 506 (so far) in 2012.
- Bill Belichick is the first head coach to lead a team to three-straight 500 points seasons.
- The Patriots and the Jaguars will meet for the 10th time overall on Sunday. The Pats are 8-1 overall against Jacksonville, and have won all five regular season meetings. The Patriots are 3-1 against Jacksonville in the postseason, with the lone playoff loss a 25-10 Jags victory in 1999.
- Bill Belichick is 5-2 overall against Jacksonville, and 5-0 as the coach of the Patriots.
- Jaguars CB Antwaun Molden appeared in all 16 regular season games and three postseason games with the Patriots in 2011. He made two starts for the team, and recorded 28 defensive tackles for the season.
- Patriots OL Dan Connolly was originally signed by the Jaguars as a rookie free agent in 2005. He appeared in four games with the Jags that season.
- Jaguars running back Jordan Todman was a standout at Dartmouth High School earning All-State honors twice and was named the Globe’s Player of the Year his senior season. Todman went on enjoy a very good career at UConn, and was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the sixth round in 2011. He was signed by the Jags off the Minnesota Vikings practice squad back in November, but was placed on the IR this week.
- Tom Brady needs 358 passing yards to move past Drew Bledsoe and into eighth place on the all-time passing list.
- The Pats have scored 23 rushing touchdowns in 2012, and need seven more to match the franchise high of 30 set back in 1978.
Tune in to Sunday’s Patriots-Jaguars game at 1pm on WBZ-TV and 98.5 The Sports Hub. Pregame coverage begins on 98.5 with Patriots Preview at 10am, followed by three hours of postgame coverage after the game. WBZ-TV kicks off their coverage at 11:30am with Patriots GameDay, followed by Bill Belichick and Tom Brady’s postgame press conferences on Patriots 5th Quarter after the game.