NH Child Who Died In Mobile Home Fire Identified

LONDONDERRY, N.H. (AP) — Fire officials have identified a child who died in a fire in a mobile home in the New Hampshire town of Londonderry.

They said 17-month-old Garrett Grice was sleeping in his crib in a bedroom Thursday when the fire caused by unattended cooking on the kitchen stove quickly developed. He died of smoke inhalation.

Fire officials said cooking oil was ignited when the burner was turned on by another child. The mother, unaware that the burner was turned on, left the home with that child for several minutes to see a relative across the street.

Firefighters say despite rescue attempts by the mother, neighbors and the fire department, Grice died.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live