The tragedy in Sandy Hook has been a crushing blow to the national psyche and, if serious change is not actuated, the problem will only get worse.
Factions talk the talk, but are we as a nation ready to walk the walk? We can deal with this horror by compartmentalizing it deep into the recesses of our collective mind, as we have in the past, or we can resolve to now take the steps necessary to stop the insanity.
In order of create change we must first be willing to admit that society is deeply flawed. I believe that the primary cause of our derailment is that values such as respect for others and personal responsibility are being drown in a sea of entitlement and isolation. The issues run far deeper than the availability of weapons and diagnosable mental illness. We need to change the very core of who we are. This violence is not the disease. It is only a symptom of a society that has lost its way.
What changes do you think need to be made to make sure future incidents like Sandy Hook are fewer and less severe?
Click play to see the solutions that your neighbors suggest.
- Join Bradley Jay for the Jay Talking radio show Sunday nights at ten.
- See more videos at Jay Talking page and click for all Bradley Jay blogs.
- Sign up for Jay Talking newsletters.
- Follow Bradley Jay on twitter.com/jaytalkingwbz
- Check out the Jay Talking Facebook page at facebook.com/jaytalking