For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS Boston's
BOSTON (CBS) – The holidays are a festive time of year, filled with food and parties, but it can be a challenge trying to avoid gaining weight.
Holistic health coach, Susie Falco, has some tips on how to avoid overindulging.
1. Stay hydrated- be sure to drink a lot of water to help keep you feeling full
2. Don’t starve yourself before a party because it increases the likelihood that you will overeat
3. Use the “one-plate” rule, instead of grazing at a buffet all night long, fill a plate with fruit and veggies, meat and a carb so you can see how much you’re actually eating
4. Limit alcohol consumption – because alcohol contains a lot of calories and can weaken your willpower
5. Fill up on fiber – fruits and vegetables and other healthier options
For more tips and recipes, visit Susie’s website at https://www.facebook.com/WickedGoodHealth