Filed under98.5 The Sports Hub Shows, Audio On Demand, Gresh & Zolak, Heard On 98.5 The Sports Hub, NFL, Patriots, Sports, Watch + Listen
It’s time for another quick “No Huddle” trip around the NFL with Gresh and Zo. Hardy fires off questions rapid-fire and plays some audio from this week in the NFL.
1. The Indianapolis Colts improved to 7-4 after beating the Buffalo Bills 20-13 on Sunday. During the game, there was a play that went to review and Marv Albert was slightly amused by Ed Hochuli’s explanation. Following the game, Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson said Buffalo needs to make some changes.
2. The Seattle Seahawks lost on a last second field goal in Miami. The game was interrupted in the third quarter and the guys listen to the Dolphins radio crew explain. The television call on FOX sounded slightly different as Chris Myers turned into a comedian.
3. The guys already touched on the 4th-and-29 play that took place in the Ravens and Changers game, but had yet to ask Zo what he would have done in that situation. Would Zo ever throw a five yard check-down? The guys let Joe Flacco explain why he did before Zo’s answer.
4. The Pittsburgh Steelers started Charlie Batch on Sunday against the the Cleveland Browns, and as expected, it did not go well.
5. The San Fransisco 49ers went into New Orleans and beat the Saints, with Colin Kapernick improving to 2-0 as a starter. Jim Harbaugh’s handling of the quarterbacks didn’t sit well with Terry Bradshaw though.
6. The Chicago Bears beat the Minnesota Vikings 28-10 as Brandon Marshall went over 1,000 yards receiving for the season. He was asked after the game if he knew what his numbers were. How did he know?
7. Penn State won their final game 24-21 over Wisconsin on Saturday and finished 8-4 for the year. Bill O’Brien was interviewed coming off the field and was asked about his players.