NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Local

Fire Extinguishing System Accidentally Triggered At Dorchester Gas Station

View Comments
Crews are cleaning up the Prime Gas Station in Dorchester after someone accidentally activated the fire extinguishing system.  (Photo Credit: Boston Fire Department/Twitter)

Crews are cleaning up the Prime Gas Station in Dorchester after someone accidentally activated the fire extinguishing system. (Photo Credit: Boston Fire Department/Twitter)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Featured Content

 

DORCHESTER (CBS) – An overhead fire extinguishing system made a huge mess at a gas station in Dorchester on Thursday night after someone accidentally set it off.

Boston Fire officials say someone in the office at Prime Gas Station hit a button that activates the system, causing it to release a dry powder.

Boston EMS checked out three drivers who were in the area when the system went off.

None of them needed to go to the hospital.

Cleanup crews were going to wash down the entire area, including the three cars that were covered with the powder.

The situation is not considered a hazard to the public.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus