State Offers Halloween Safety Tips To Children
BOSTON (CBS) – Buying flame resistant Halloween costumes and checking your child’s candy before they dig in, were some of the tips Undersecretary of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation Barbara Anthony offered Tuesday.
Anthony met with children at the state’s Transportation Building day care center.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030′s Doug Cope reports
Trick or Treating Safety Tips
· Children should be accompanied by an adult and teens should travel in groups. If you are not accompanying your child, attach their full names and a phone number to their costumes somewhere if they are too young to remember them.
· Stay in well-lit areas and carry a flashlight. Have your kids trick-or-treat in areas where there are a lot of people around. They should also avoid taking short-cuts through alleys and parking lots. Plan the route ahead of time.
· Never allow a child to enter someone’s home or apartment alone.
· Check treats for any kind of tampering before eating. Do not let children accept homemade treats from someone you do not know very well.
· Abide by local city or town curfew hours.