Fun Facts For Patriots-Seahawks
Patriots CentralBuy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) — This weekend’s game between the Pats and the Seahawks is almost upon us, so here are some fun facts about the two teams.
– If you have been keeping track at home, the Pats have played four of their first six games this season on the road. They will have a slew of home games after their bye in Week 9.
– Tom Brady will play a game in Seattle for the first time in his career. He has not played a game in the regular season in Seattle, San Francisco and Tampa Bay. His only road game against Tampa was played in London, though he’s played in Tampa in the preseason.
– The Pats and the Seahawks have played 12 times in a 14-year span from 1980-93 but have only played twice since then, once in 2004 and again 2008. The Pats lead the all-time series 8-7.
– New England won the last meeting in 2008, 24-21. Wes Welker accounted for 134 of the Patriots’ 344 total yards (39 percent), while Deion Branch had four catches for 88 yards and two touchdowns for the Seahawks.
– This will also be the second time the Pats will play at Qwest/Century Link field. It’s is considered the loudest stadium in the NFL.
– Tom Brady has played one game against Seattle. It happened in 2004, in New England, and the Pats won 30-20. Brady’s top receivers in that game were David Patten, Bethel Johnson and Daniel Graham.
– Pete Carroll was the Pats’ head coach from 1997-99. He led the Pats to the divisional round in his first year and helped the team to the playoffs the following season.
– Deion Branch was traded from the Pats to Seattle following the first game of the 2006 regular season. Branch stayed with the Seahawks until 2010 and then he was traded back to the Pats.
– Pats linebacker Tracy White played 20 games in Seattle from 2003-04
– Wes Welker has three straight 100-yard games. He can tie a team mark if he gets 100 yards against Seattle. Randy Moss has the Pats record with four straight 100-yard games. He did that in 2007. In the game that preceded Welker’s streak, he had 95 receiving yards.
– Stevan Ridley has rushed for 100 yards in two consecutive games. He can become the first Patriots player to rush for 100 yards in three straight games since Curtis Martin did it in 1995. Curtis ran for five straight 100-yard games.
– The Pats have had two straight games with 200 yards or more rushing. If they reach that total again in Seattle, it will be the first time they have done that in three straight games since having a four-game stretch in 1978.
Follow Levan Reid on CBSBostonsports.com and on Twitter @LevanReid all Patriots’ season long!