Travel by rail can be slow, inconvenient, and uncomfortable. And you should definitely try it. This summer I travelled the big three American train routes. The Southwest Chief goes from Chicago’s Union Station to Los Angeles. The Empire Builder stretches from the same station to Seattle.
But the king of them all is Amtrak’s Zephyr. This run snakes from the Windy City through Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California to San Francisco. The trip takes a grueling fifty two hours. But the scenery is spectacular. I captured the essence of American splendor as well as the magic of the railroad on this most recent Jay Talking jaunt.
Click play to see this video diary of one of the greatest rail excursions available. You will become excited by the possibility of experiencing this very same rail adventure. Anyone can do it. Let me be your guide. Relax, click play, and enjoy.
- Join Bradley Jay for the Jay Talking radio show Sunday nights at ten.
- See more videos at Jay Talking page and click for all Bradley Jay blogs.
- Sign up for Jay Talking newsletters.
- Follow Bradley Jay on twitter.com/jaytalkingwbz
- Check out the Jay Talking Facebook page at facebook.com/jaytalking