Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
BOSTON (CBS) — Here are some fun facts to go with this weekend’s game against the Buffalo Bills.
– I know this is just the fourth week of the season, but this will be the Patriots’ third road game.
– Last week’s loss in Baltimore ended the Patriots’ run of 145 consecutive games of having a .500 record or better. It was the longest such streak in the NFL.
– The Pats and the Bills will be meeting for the 105th time, and the Pats hold a 62-41-1 egde in the series. The Pats are 29-22-1 in Buffalo and that includes a 22-16 record at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
– This is the Patriots’ first division game of the season. Last year, they were 5-1, with the only loss coming to the Bills in Buffalo, a 34-31 defeat last September.
– The last time these teams met in Buffalo, Wes Welker set a franchise record with 217 receiving yards and tied a franchise receptions record with 16.
– Tom Brady is 18-2 lifetime against the Buffalo Bills.
– Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick played his college ball at Harvard. He was the Ivy legaue player of the year in 2004.
– Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and linebacker Trevor Scott are natives of the Buffalo area.
– Bills defensive end Mark Anderson played for the Pats last season. He finished his Patriots year with 10 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.
– Tom Brady needs 57 passing yards to move past Kerry Collins into 11th place on the NFL’s all-time passing list. I know what you’re saying: Kerry Collins????
– Wes Welker needs 11 receiving yards to move past Troy Brown and into second place on the Patriots’ all-time receiving list.
– Stephen Gostkowski has kicked two 50-yarders so far this season. With one more, he will become the first Patriots player to kick three in a season.
Follow Levan Reid on CBSBostonsports.com and on Twitter @LevanReid all Patriots’ season long!