Patriots-Ravens Fun Facts
Patriots CentralBuy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some facts and stats involving the Patriots and Baltimore Ravens:
- New England is a perfect 6-0 against the Ravens in the regular season. In fact, in their eight overall meetings, the Patriots have won seven of them. The only loss came in the 2009-10 postseason when the Pats lost to the Ravens 33-14 at Gillette.
- The Patriots are 49-41 in prime time games and 18-14 all-time on Sunday night football.
- Since 2003, the Patriots are 27-3 in regular season games following a loss while the Ravens have won 13 straight after a defeat.
- Here’s a weird stat: the Pats defense is ranked 2nd in the NFL after allowing only 264.5 yards per game over the first two weeks. The Ravens defense is ranked 27th, allowing 404 yards per game. New England has also allowed fewer points per game.
Gresh & Zo Whiteboard: Life Without Hernandez
- The Pats are 15-4 against the AFC North in the regular season. Three of those losses have come against the Steelers and one against the Cleveland Browns.
- Since the Pats opened Gillett stadium, they have the best record at home overall, 76-16. The Ravens are second in that time period with a 63-21 record.
- Bill Belichick’s first professional coaching job was with the Baltimore Colts in 1975. He was named special assistant for one season.
- Former Patriots safety James Ihedigbo is now a safety for the Baltimore Ravens.
- Pats rookie defensive end Chandler Jones’ older brother Arthur Jones is a defensive end with the Ravens. Arthur is in his third season with the Ravens.
Patriots Blog: Keeping Up With The Jones’
- Tom Brady needs 21 yards to move past Joes Montana into 12th place on the NFL’s all-time passing list.
- Stephen Gostkowski needs one more 50-yard field goal to tie Adam Vinatieri for the most 50-yard field goals in Patriots history (8).
Follow Levan Reid on CBSBostonsports.com and on Twitter @LevanReid all Patriots’ season long!