BOSTON (CBS) – The DoubleTree Suites Hotel on Soldiers Field Road in Allston was evacuated Wednesday morning after a fire broke out in a generator room.
Firefighters were called in around 7:20 a.m. and the fire was contained to the second floor parking garage, but the hotel lost power so guests and workers on all 15 floors were cleared out.
NStar was called in to address the electrical problem.
The hotel was full at the time of the fire. All four-hundred guests were moved to the Hyatt Hotel across the Charles River on Memorial Drive.
No one was hurt.
There’s no word yet on how the fire started.
Damage is estimated at $200,000.