Felger and Massarotti opened the show doing “10 Questions.” This time, Mazz is asking the questions to Felger about the preseason opener between the New Orleans Saints and New England Patriots.
Topics included: What to look for in tomorrow nights game, the defensive assignments, the Pats second-year running backs, the Pats running and kick return game, what to look for in the Saints, Brandon Lloyd, Tom Brady’s playing time, favorite Saints players, and preseason football as a whole.
1. What’s the biggest thing you’ll be looking for tomorrow night on offense?
2. How revealing will the personnel on defense be?
3. Steven Ridley or Shane Vereen? Do you care?
4. Should we pay much attention to who’s at RB and kick returner?
5. When you look at the New Orleans Saints what do you see?
6.Can Brandon Lloyd tell us anything in his first game?
7. Here’s the scenario: You need to win one game — tonight. Who do you want at quarterback, Tom Brady or Drew Brees? Before you answer: Brees’ career postseason QB rating is 103.9. He has thrown 22 playoff touchdowns and just 4 interceptions. He has a postseason completion percentage of 66.8. Statistically, Brady comes in lower in every category: 87.8 rating (over 15 points lower than Brees); 38-20 touchdowns/interceptions and a 62.9 completion percentage. One game. winner take all. Who do you want?
8. Is there any concern putting Brady out there with the offensive line in the shape it’s in?
9. Who is your favorite member of the Saints?
10. How do you feel about preseason football in general?