This fall, Massachusetts voters will decide if doctors should be authorized to dispense lethal medication to patients with terminal conditions.
Many herald this as good thing because they believe individuals should be free to choose how they end life, just as they choose how they live life. They believe there is little to be gained by the suffering, expense and family stress that a lingering natural death engenders.
Opponents maintain that there is something wrong with interfering in Nature’s course. Some cite religious reasons. Others reject the plan due to an abstract uneasiness that third party interests and human error may corrupt the doctor-patient end-of-life process.
Do you feel that ending one’s life prematurely is ever a valid option? Do you believe doctors should have the power to aid people in the taking of human life?
Bradley Jay and Jay Talking hit the street find out how your neighbors react to this important question. Click the play button to watch and listen to the video.
- Join Bradley Jay for the Jay Talking radio show Sunday nights at ten.
- See more videos at Jay Talking page and click for all Bradley Jay blogs.
- Sign up for Jay Talking newsletters.
- Follow Bradley Jay on twitter.com/jaytalkingwbz
- Check out the Jay Talking Facebook page at facebook.com/jaytalking