BOSTON (CBS/AP) — U.S. Sen. Scott Brown has agreed to a third televised debate with Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren.
Brown campaign manager Jim Barnett said on Wednesday that the Republican had accepted an invitation from a consortium of Boston media outlets.
The announcement came one day after Brown’s campaign declined an invitation to participate in a debate proposed by the widow of Sen. Edward Kennedy.
Brown had sought a promise from Victoria Kennedy that she would not make an endorsement in the race, but the debate’s sponsors — the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate and the University of Massachusetts-Boston — said such a request was “inappropriate.”
Brown and Warren had previously agreed to two other debates, one sponsored by a Springfield media consortium and a second by WBZ-TV’s Jon Keller.
Brown has also challenged Warren to a debate on WBZ NewsRadio 1030 to be moderated by Dan Rea on June 27, but she has not accepted.
(TM and © Copyright 2012 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)