Grill Sparks Fire At Uxbridge Home

UXBRIDGE (CBS) – A barbecue grill is to blame for a fire at a home in Uxbridge Tuesday night.

Crews brought in tanker trucks to fight the four-alarm fire because there are no hydrants near the home on Kasey Court.

The portable gas grill, powered by an 8-pound cylinder, was too close to the home’s vinyl siding, according to State Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan and Uxbridge Fire Chief William Kessler.

The grill ignited the outside of the home, and the fire traveled up the side and burned the roof.

Several people were in the home at the time, but everyone escaped unharmed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

WheelMobile
Download Our App

Listen Live