Hanover Plumber Wins $1,000 Per Day For Life In New Lottery Game

BOSTON (CBS) – A 39-year-old Hanover man is the first grand prize winner of the new “Lucky for Life” lottery drawing.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports.

Bruce Campbell, a plumber, was awarded a ceremonial check for $1,000 per day for life on Tuesday.

Campbell bought the ticket at Myette’s Country Store in Hanover last week. It matched all six numbers drawn (1-2-6-10-19, Lucky Ball 15).

Campbell didn’t realize he won until the store owners called him to check.

“I got a message from Tracy to check the numbers, that she had sold the winning ticket. So, I checked my numbers and I called Kevin, and Kevin told me that I won,” said Campbell.

Campbell said that he plans to keep his job, invest most of his money, and purchase a new Cadillac and maybe a motorcycle, too.

Two other people matched five numbers and won $25,000.

The game is the first to be played in all six New England states. Tickets cost $2 each, and drawings are held every Monday and Thursday.

The grand prize of $1,000 per day is guaranteed for a minimum of 20 years and is paid out for the length of the winner’s lifetime.

After taxes, the grand prize equates to more than $250,000 per year in winnings.

Comments

1. Marky says:

That’s awesome….Congrats!!

2. George says:

Wow, good for him. I played this new lottery game twice already & didn’t even match 1 number. Some people are lucky, some aren’t.

3. Michelle says:

May he live for another 50 years in good health and enjoy every day of his lottery winnings with his family at his side. Congrats, Bruce!

Also… congrats to Myette’s Country Store for selling that ticket. I know that place!

(Now if I could only get a winning ticket for myself I could start checking off my bucket List!!)

4. Denise says:

It’s nice to see someone young win these things! Good Luck to him!

1. Not so lucky.. says:

So true.. I’m sick of people from places like Marblehead and Weston hitting these jackpots!!

5. Jay says:

I know Bruce. It couldn’t have happened to a better guy! Congrats Bruce!

1. tsal-kv says:

aww heck – it could have happened to me – I’m a nice person :)

Just kidding – congrats Bruce and enjoy!!!!!

6. dan says:

JUST A COMMENT. IF THEY ADVERTISE 1,000 A DAY FOR LIFE, YOU SHOULD GET THE WHOLE SUM…THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING. I,M SURPRISED THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SUED YET

7. dan says:

RAISE IT TO INCLUDE THE TAXES….THE STATE IS MAKING OUT LIKE A BANDIT AT OUR EXPENSE……HELLO..PEOPLE DO NOT GET THIS!!!!!

1. diz says:

The Lottery is a voluntary game (voluntary tax), no one forces anyone to participate. If people choose to play and take that risk then good for the state and those who benefit from it. I would rather the state raise funds through this voluntary source than raise our taxes even more to gain funding that’s needed elsewhere.

2. JJ says:

dan,
      The plumbers healthcare premiums just tripled, prescriptions maxxed, office visits increased, taxes EACH day for the rest of his life, alimony payments, The state does win EVERYDAY.
      Run as fast as you can from this state before auntee and uncle insist on a cost of living raise.

8. 1stackmack says:

l won a whole 5 dollars on the first game,l forgot the second drawing was on monday.$1000 a day for life.l’d buy a warehouse and fill it with toys l bought at barrett jackson.maybe a nice truck of my own.a 2012 mack pinnacle axle forward sleeper with the rawhide package.and go into business for myself.or an RV and travel.

9. ka says:

Congrats! So happy for you. Make it work for you!

10. Quincy Bill says:

I used to work with Bruce and can say it couldnt of happened to a nicer guy. Congrads Bruce and spend wisely.

11. Howard Gottlieb says:

With so many people struggling financially I wonder if stories of people winning lotteries is good or bad for them. You sure don’t want people thinking that winning the lottery is their answer.

Howard Gottlieb

12. San Diego Plumber says:

Wow, congrats! Wouldn’t mind being in his shoes.

13. buy vpn uk says:

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue together with your site in web explorer, may check this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a large portion of people will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.

14. physics education says:

My brother recommended I might like this website. He was once totally right. This submit actually made my day. You can not consider simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!