Police: Drunk 77-Year-Old Cape Woman Hits, Kills Motorcyclist In Florida

BOSTON (CBS) – A 77-year-old Cape Cod woman was arrested in Florida Saturday night for drunk driving after she allegedly hit and killed a motorcyclist.

Barbara Dunn, of Chatham, is accused of hitting the motorcyclist on Oceanshore Boulevard in Ormond, Florida at around 9 p.m.

Charles Bixler, 64, of Concord, North Carolina was killed in the crash.

Police said Dunn was traveling northbound on the road, but veered into the southbound lanes, hitting Bixler’s motorcycle.

Two other motorcyclists suffered minor injuries while avoiding Dunn’s vehicle, police said.

Dunn was charged with DUI manslaughter, DUI and DUI with property damage. She is being held behind bars at the Volusia County Jail.

Comments

1. MJstevens says:

Why dosen’t the headline say “Drunk 77-Year-Old Cape Woman Hits, Kills 64-Year Old Motorcyclist In Florida”
    Things that make you go hmmmmmm…….

2. Johnson 123 says:

She doesnt look like she drinks………….

3. Keri Nation says:

My family and I were on the scene of this HORRIFIC accident a few minutes after this all happened. We were with all three of the INNOCENT men who were hit by this woman. Not only did someone lose their life, but HIS family & friends are aching because of this. If Mr. Bixler’s family reads this, please know that we prayed and prayed and tried to help him as much as we could. My thoughts & prayers go out to the family of not only Mr. Bixler but to the other two gentlemen we assisted. God bless them!

1. Matt Adkins says:

Thank you so very much Keri! My name is Matt, Ed Bixler is my Uncle he was a good man. I thank you for your prayers and helping Uncle Edwin and his friends in their time of need. He will truly be missed.

1. Keri Nation says:

Please give my condolences to your family. I am very envious of you and your family for your strength and conviction to not bare hatred towards this woman. My husband and I have been thinking about it since it happened. I would like to talk to you more, so look me or my husband up on Facebook if you have one. My name is Keri Lynn Nation and my husband is Dustin Nation.

2. Dustin Nation says:

4. Rob Cleary says:

Is this Liz Warrens twin sister. They look identical!

5. Edward Ellis says:

TIME TO REGULATE ELDERS BEHIND THE WHEEL.