Ochocinco Hosts Dinner For 200 Fans In New York

BOSTON (CBS) — Who says a Boston athlete can’t make any friends in New York City?

Patriots receiver Chad Ochocinco extended an offer to his more than 3 million Twitter followers on Monday to dine with him in New York.

“Dinner in NY tonight 1st 200 people at Sylvia’s Restaurant by 7 pm in Harlem. Leave ya money/credit cards at home,” he tweeted Monday afternoon.

Sure enough, Ochocinco followed through on his word. The restaurant’s Twitter feed posted a picture of a line that stretched around the corner.

Not satisfied with just making dinner friends, Ochocinco also said he gave his phone number to the fans who showed up to eat.

“Met 200 hundred people 2night. Now I’ve 200 new friends, even better 200 new friends have my phone number,” he tweeted.

But his phone hasn’t been ringing off the hook, he lamented.

“I gave 200 people my number and only 13 people have texted me. That’s rhino droppings!!!” he wrote.

Comments

1. mike smith says:

I’m done with this s’head on my football team. If you’re good and eccentric, it’s one thing. Ocho the Stinko suc*ks………..

1. retphxfire says:

And you say this because…?????

2. Denise says:

Suck it Mike! Ocho you deserve better than a cheating coach and a cry baby qb!
    Tom wont even look your way. I would love your number and I will def text ya.

3. Indiana says:

Chad you are such a good looking man! Hope you get picked up soon by someone so that I can still see you in those tight football uniforms!

4. Matt in AZ says:

Ya know, I never thought much of this man and his thing, but he kept on doing his thing and I just realized how much he’s into doing his thang is and now I kinda like it. Not much of a receiver, more of a giver and he’s definitively ochocinco. I still like Chad no matter what and he is the epitome of idiosyncrasies makes pro sports figures garner more press then you fill in the blank.

5. Rob Cleary says:

at $500,000 per catch this bum can afford it. He still doesn’t know his pass routes. There is a story today in one of the papers about Antoine Walker. Made 110 million dollars just a few years ago and is now on welfare. Check up on this phony in a couple of years, my guess is He’ll be in the same predicament. You can’t fix stupid.