Pedestrian Crash On Swansea Highway Leaves One Dead, One Seriously Injured

SWANSEA, Mass. (AP) — State police say two women trying to cross Route 195 in Swansea were struck by two separate vehicles, leaving one of victim dead and the second with serious injuries.

Police say preliminary investigations show a vehicle carrying the two Fall River women stopped in the breakdown lane for an unknown reason. The two women got out of the car and tried to cross the road.

Forty-four-year-old Carolyn Clement was hit by a car driven by a 20-year-old Fall River man. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Forty-four-year-old Cynthia Clement was in the central travel lane when she was struck by the sideview mirror of a car driven by a 52-year-old Fall River man. She was taken to Rhode Island Hospital.

Police are investigating the crash, including why their car was stopped and who was driving it.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Comments

1. Rob Cleary says:

You can’t fix stupid

1. Denny says:

Too bad your parents weren’t fixed you dope !!!

1. Anonymus says:

I agree Denny at the end of the day someone still died.

2. gramps says:

Don’t respond to the ‘Moron’, it encourages him……

2. Rob Cleary says:

Alternative lifestyle catfight gone awry. My sympathy to the two drivers that have had their lives so negatively impacted by these ” womens “sheer stupidity

3. Anonymus says:

im going to say it was either a suicide attempt (like thelma and louise) or ithey were both under the influence of drugs and/or alchohol, since seriouslly, who would want to cross the highway in the right frame of mind, not a good idea. my condolences to the family and friends that lost their loved one and praying the other one pulls through

4. Sue says:

Bringing home friends from the airport that night i drove by minutes after it occured, I remember seeing 1 state trooper there pulled over and running from his car w a bag in his hand. Not many cars were stopped yet in the left two lanes but pedestrians were outside their cars in these lanes and in the breaksown lanes, watching and wating the right lane was moving slowly And I seemed To get right through when the sight I saw will never leave my mind, her body was there face down across the left two lanes no one was near her I’ve never seen a fatality but your instinct tells you instantly that it is. I still remember what she was wearing. Her sister now will live with this mistake for the rest of her life and so will the drivers that hit them. I pray for you all, and wish that people could have more respect for the situation. All of us make mistakes, those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones!

5. Thelma says:

I am an identical twin. These women are the same age as my sister and I. This is such a tragedy. My prayers go out to the twin that survived and her family. There aren’t any words to describe how sad this is…