Woman Says Town Of Acton Refused To Let Her Put Up “Lost Dog” Signs

By Jim Armstrong, WBZ-TV

ACTON (CBS) – Among the jumble of signs and sandwich boards along Route 27 in Acton, you won’t see one for Bridgett the missing Husky.

And that makes her owner frustrated.

“It makes me really angry and I don’t understand it,” says Pat Panek. “Frankly, I just can’t wrap my brain around it.”

Getting Bridgett back has been Panek’s mission since the six-year-old Siberian Husky bolted from her Littleton yard last November.

Panek maintains a Facebook page about Bridgett, and hands out detailed flyers, brochures, and business cards with information and photos about the dog.

And she’s getting results.

“It’s amazing,” she explains. “Once they’ve seen her picture or get some information, the calls come in.”

There have been close to 30 sightings so far, including one Friday morning. Panek has them all plotted on Google maps.

“This dog has been everywhere! But now she’s kind of near Pratt’s Brook Conservation land in Acton, so that’s really nice,” she says.

It would be nicer, Pat continues, if the town of Acton hadn’t forbidden her from putting up “Lost Dog” signage.

She claims that officials and residents have given her a hard time, threatening to take down her lost dog signs – and in some cases doing so – because they violate town by-laws.

We spoke at length with Mike Gowing, the Chairman of the Acton Board of Selectmen. He says the town has actually started the process of re-writing its by-laws that pertain to signage. As they stand now, the rules about signs are sometimes contradictory and often confusing.

“We try to balance good citizenship with enforcing the law,” he explains.

And in this case, they wonder, how long should someone be allowed to keep up their posters?

Remember, Bridgett’s been gone almost four months.

That’s a little too long, at least as Chairman Gowing sees things. “That’s unreasonable at this point,” he says, “because considering at it was over the winter, this dog’s either been taken in by somebody, or it’s gone.”

“If you’ve lost your dog, how long is it that you should have the ability to put up signs that say, ‘Where’s my dog’? When do you call that?”

Panek understands that dilemma, but says she hand writes a note on the back of every one of Bridgett’s signs, explaining that she will take them down as soon as the dog is found.

“I promise to take them down as soon as she is located,” Panek says, “but please leave them up because this is a surefire, best way to get her home and get her home quickly.”

UPDATE: WBZ also spoke over the phone with the Director of Acton’s Planning Department, Roland Bartl. His department helps enforce the zoning rules that pertain to signage in town. He points out that at no time has anyone in his agency actually prevented Panek from putting up one of her lost dog signs – a contention that Panek herself confirms. In fact, Bartl told WBZ that Panek is, right now, allowed to put up her signs as long as she takes them down in a timely manner.

Selectman Gowing says those mixed signals — the sign can go up, but needs to come down — are just another reason why the by-laws here need to be re-written. No one wants to see a dog go missing, he explains, but the town also wants to avoid a situation where there could literally be dozens and dozens of ‘lost dog’ posters (some of which have been placed by non-residents) all over town.

Panek says that some Acton business owners have told her they are reluctant to put up her signs because they fear being fined by the town. She has also seen some of her signs “disappear”, but she admits that is likely happening because of individual residents who don’t like the signs, not because town officials are taking them down.

Comments

1. Janet K. says:

Tell the Acton selectman who is not a dog owner – he is ignorant. Dogs can be on the run for MONTHS (especially Northern breeds) and survive to return home. Two months, 4 months and more.Let the woman put up her signs. You wouldn’t hesitate if it was your child. Well, this is her child. He has NO CLUE what he is talking about. He has never been involved in a search for a lost dog. It is obvious by his comments.

1. Will says:

The town should be sued. However, I disagree with this commenter who compares a dog with a child. That’s just wrong.

1. ANOTHER 6 LETTER WORDFOR FELONY... BARACK! says:

My town won’t let me put up “A VILLAGE IN KENYA IS MISSING ITS IDIOT!” signs either – http://www.BirtherReport.com

2. jaygee says:

Notice the comment from the racist with a “BirtherReport.com” label at the bottom of his idiotic post. Just another MadHatter from the Tea Party who can’t get over the fact that a black man is President. I have a feeling that anyone who would take the time to write such drivel has an elevator that doesn’t go to the top floor.

3. george says:

@jaygee: The only person who mentioned race, or interjected the topic into the comment, was you.

4. RICK RODEN says:

will i respectfully disagree. she is not comparing a child to a dog, she is comparing a dog to a child, and that is simply not the same thing. as withthe child, she is responsible for the dog’s well being, and if the dog is endangered, she should be allowed whatever resourses to ensure the dog’s safety, as long as no one else is put to an inconvenience or in harm’s way. i see no insult in the analogy, we are all adults here and swhould have learned the ability to read between the lines many years ago.

5. Sammie Jo says:

No it’s not, a lot of pet owners consider their pets as their “children”.
        You don’t have to, but because you don’t, doesn’t make it “wrong”.

6. HoboGreed says:

Jaygee is just mad because they won’t let him put his FleaBagger tent in the park anymore.

7. desert says:

It is comparable! We love our dog as much as we loved our kids….nothing strange there…….!

8. Lazybum says:

JayGeeWhiz- And you know it is a Teaparty member because…? From YOUR post I can see you are a leftist leaning Commie because if someone has a different idea than yours you want them killed (OK-Now I see how this making up and inserting “facts” can be fun!)

9. DoggoneIt says:

Lost dogs now? So much of the news is made up after the coup and cover up. Unelected officials took over Washington and the media. They think you can’t handle the truth. Fact of the matter is we have no democracy, president, and freedom of press is an illusion.

Our next election is shaping up to be as big of a sham as the last. Do you know why Sarah Palin’s bus tour was really canceled? Do you know why she stayed 30 miles away from the second debate and chose the death of Steve Jobs to announce that she’s not running? Know what leaked out? Sarah Palin and Cain aren’t in the race for the same reason, the truth leaked out. Search PalinsDirtyLittleSecret for the biggest cover up in history

10. RUKIDDIN says:

You are not a dog owner … else you’d say otherwise.

11. The Blue Collar Man says:

And, we all hope you never get a dog.

12. christine craft says:

yes it’s wrong..the dog will always give you unconditional love.

13. boon companion says:

Will. That’s not “just wrong.” Dogs are family. Their loyalty and willingness to protect and care for you AND YOUR CHILDREN ESPECIALLY – unconditionally – can be in many profound ways, superior to humans. The Selectman is a lowlife philistine.

14. Keats says:

why is it wrong to compare a dog with a child in this instance? Would you be suprised to find out the Town doesntt want those filthy posters cluttering up their Town with pictures of your lost kid too? Cuz there appeared to be no differentiation in the Town’s laws.

15. Jim Dea says:

Then you , sir, have never loved a dog. I recently (5 weeks ago) had to put down my lab mix that I rescued in 1999. The only comparison that I can make to the pain that I am enduring from that loss IS the loss of a child. I have shed tears every single day since then and actually tearing up right now thinking about him. My dog WAS my child and I am grieving over a loss the way one would grieve the loss of a child. Don’t underestimate the love that a dog can bring to someone; they bond with their owners in ways that are not fully known.

16. Bubba says:

@boon companion:

“Dogs are family. Their loyalty and willingness to protect and care for you AND YOUR CHILDREN ESPECIALLY – unconditionally – can be in many profound ways, superior to humans.”

Apparently, Bridgett does not share in your line of reasoning…..if a dog could share any human’s line of reasoning that is.

17. Ruralhack says:

The only thing that separates us from a dog is our ability to save knowledge externally. What we pass on externally as divided you from the common sense of a dog. You should be so lucky.

18. Steven says:

It’s not wrong. Why do people get so offended by that? To some people, their dog is their kid. It’s just like adopting a child. It may not be human but for some people it’s still their kid. I’m not sure why you morons have trouble with that.

19. Reality Check says:

Exactly correct, the individual posting as “JayGee” is obsessed with the race of the President of the United States.

Get over it “JayGee” it does not matter if Obama is half black, or half white, or whatever.

We can all agree he is our President and he is totally incompetent. That is more than enough for all of us to agree on.

20. scottksmith says:

Sorry, Will, but you are dead WRONG !
        You have oviously never owned and TRULY LOVED a dog.
        I suspect you may also hjave “issues” with emotionally connecting with your family (if you even have one).

My little Westie (white west highland terrier) is as much a part of my family as my wife and children. We love him dearly. You need to get a life !

2. Tom says:

People who equate and compare dogs to children are the source of more suffering for animals and people alike than ANY other category. It’s a sickness. I work in rescue and these folks need to be spotted and watched carefully.

1. Pat Panek says:

what rescue do you work with, Tom?

2. Vicky Bevis says:

I, too, work in rescue doing home studies for a breed-specific rescue group here in Ohio. I adored my kids & still do, but they are their parent’s children as they adore their pets also, but use common sense with them.

Right now there is a couple in S.C. (my youngest) who is heart-broken at having their 2nd. try at adoption of an older , hard-to-place dog shot down due to incompatibility with their 2 kitties. But even with the heartbreak yesterday, they are already looking to find that hard-to-place older dog which they ALWAYS chose to adopt even though it means less time with their beloved “animal.”

“Watch” them all you want; you could learn a serious lesson from them. ( We too only adopt OLDER dogs, too.)

3. Alistair, San Diego says:

Tom … I think you’re commenting on your OWN state of mind … thanks for sharing your misery.

4. boon companion says:

Tom, I am the 1st Selectman of Goon Town. We have an unelected panel of Expert Canines sent from the World Globe Canine Council First International. They have been assessing your weirdness from afar. They have a real nose for these things. After they “spotted” you, they determined that it would be best to chip you so that you can be “watched carefully.” It’s important that the citizens in my community feel safe. So I, as First Selectman, decided to put signs up on every pole. The signs say, YOU ARE SAFE FROM TOM. And all were comforted by the repetitive news.

5. Keats says:

oh BS you work in rescue “Tom” – what a bunch of bunk.

6. Frank says:

To all: From my research I see that the Town of Acton is a member of ICLEI, simply put, your paying dues to United Nations Agenda 21 global to local initiatives and your representatives are probably breeching the Constitution of The United States. The very fact that Agenda 21 calls for the changing of Human Nature and that you are devoting too much energy into the semantics of wether a dog is a child or like a child and forgetting about our Inailienable Rights as human being is disgusting.The fact that a by- law should be written to restrict a human who is grieving her lost dog, over your silly cosmetic environmental concern is plain wacky to me. Why don’t you just hire someone to cleanup the signs once a year and end the madness of these frivolous laws.

3. RICK RODEN says:

this is a false statement. for any number of reasons the dog could have been kept in a back yard and when the opporunity arose, it bolted and got lost. it may have followed another dog, or dogs into an area it was unfamiliar with, it could have been chased away or frightened by a truck or unruly children, there are too many variables for this person to make this statement. TJ you might offer a rebuttal that you are a dog owner, and if so, that’s great. but you cannot judge one dogs behavior by another ones, they are as different from one another as people are.

4. RICK RODEN says:

the irony of this is that they have these laws in place to ‘preserve the histrorical feel’ of the town, which is fine, but how about preserving the historical sensibilities of the town as well? do you think the Acton of the 1800’s or whatever era you are trying to channel would have turned it’s back on this woman’s plight? instead of making decisions about how to make your town look like an authentic new england town, why not try acting like an authentic new england town. not helping is one thing, IMPEDING the owner’s efforts is quite another…

5. Suzanne says:

That’s horrible. Shame on Acton for forbidding “lost” signs. But shame on the owner for not getting her animal MICROCHIPPED to begin with. Sorry but it’s not that expensive; and it’s the only way you can know your lost animal will eventually be discovered some day by a vet who scans that animal and finds your info. It doesn’t hurt them, and it keeps them safe, and returns them to you.

1. Pat Panek says:

Suzanne … read further down. Bridgett not only has one microchip, she has two. Shame on you for rushing to judgment. First the dog has to be found, then be taken to a vet or a shelter, before it can be scanned. Chips do not emit homing signals.

2. Kirlicia says:

Please do your research…an animal has to be found dead or alive to utilize the microchipping technology. It is NOT a GPS system.

3. lee says:

thanks for keeping us uninformed you uninformed ignoramous.
        looks to me like you should have found something else to do yesterday than
        show your complete ignorance here.
        feel free to come back anytime

4. Cutie1953 says:

A microchip is god, but in order for it to do any good the animal must be caught and then scanned for the chip. If the dog is running scared and can’t be caught, the chip does no good. If it’s caught and someone decides to just keep it as a pet, the chip likewise does no good.

5. boon companion says:

Suzanne. Tsk tsk tsk. “A dog owner that would chip away at liberty to obtain a little surveillance security deserves neither liberty nor security.” – Bowzer Franklin, the Liberty Dog.

Seriously. Old Dog Franklin, had some real foresight. Look it up.

6. Keats says:

I don’t know what part of the country you are in but I don’t know anyone who has their dog microchipped and my vet has never discussed it with me. I’m in Upstate New York. I also do not believe it is safe or healthy for the pet and frankly I find it unethical. So I say shame on you for suggesting to blame the pet owner in this story to begin with.

6. sablegsd says:

You obviously know NOTHING about dogs.

7. Danny says:

Oh look, wittle jaygee threw the race card. How sweet…and pathetic. Here’s a bit of news for you moron. Not liking the perfumed prince doesn’t equate to racsom. Seems that you may be the racist.

1. Sammie Jo says:

oh another king worshipper, he can do no wrong, and if you say he did, why, you must be a racist.
        People who throw out the race card are the biggest racists.

2. Janet K. says:

You comment is out of line. I made no racist remarks or even suggested any such thing. If calling a dog a ‘northern’ breed is racist – check your dictionary and the AKC web site. I own a working dog just like Bridgett is a working dog. I made no comments about race or political persuasion. That is irrelevant when discussing a dog on the run. And to the person who said that a well-trained dog wouldn’t flee – you too are misguided. If the dog gets spooked by something fall or an unexpected noise, a hellatious thunderstorm or unexpected fireworks – an animal could easily get anxious and flee. Been there, done that with a velcro dog when something fell on her unexpectedly in the garage. Fortunately she was only gone 23 hrs. (the worst 23 hrs. of my life and she wasn’t my dog)

Danny – get your quotes right!

8. RightontheLeftCoast says:

That is ridiculous. Many dogs, when given the chance often run away. And that especially applies to huskies. I had one and that dog would be gone in a beeline in a heartbeat when she got the chance. And she was a well treated family pet who also got a tremendouis amount of exercise (walks, etc.)

9. Scott says:

TJ you do not know what you are talking about! The dog is a husky. My huskies are the most spoiled (dog food @ $75 per 28lb), well taken care of(indoor dogs with a huge fenced yard) dogs anyone could imagine, but, if they get the chance they will run like the wind. Huskies are notorious for running off and once they are loose for getting lost.

1. Janet K. says:

My next door neighbor’s Sibe took off when the gate didn’t quite latch and she was a house dog. Has nothing to do with training (she had CD and RN titles). She’s a dog and the breed loves to run. Training is not relevant, especially if the owner is not in the fenced yard at the moment when the dog sees the opportunity.

10. Aqualung says:

My cat, DECLAWED by his previous owners, dashed out the door one winter and stayed on the lam for three months. He made it home thanks to a microchip. The vet gave him a clean bill of health. Four months on the road for a Husky won’t be that bad provided he doesn’t run into traffic or someone shoots him.

11. ericdb says:

I think he is joking people.

12. Miguel says:

It’s an evil town of self-servers, people who want everything to be very, very clean. Maybe a town where all cars are gray Buicks or silver gray Toyotas, sitting in clean little matching yards, in other words a town of mindless robots amidst a history they cannot understand, people who can’t get past their selfish self-service to help their fellow man.

13. dino says:

This is NOT a child!

1. JK. says:

I didn’t say this was a child. To a person with no family or relatives, coming home every day to a wagging tail becomes a very personal bond. When equating a dog with a child – I am responsible for the dog’s health, behavior (training), exercise, food, and overall well-being. I can’t/don’t have kids. I’m not going to adopt. Why can’t a dog/cat be a substitute? It’s agonizing to know that your house pet is not safe where it could be and you are not able to take swift action to make that happen. A dog is not a human being, but to people who don’t have any remaining relatives, a dog is a perfect companion.
        It’s apparent you don’t have a close bond with your pet (it’s just a dog or just a cat) or don’t have a pet. If you worked at creating that bond, the payback is priceless.
        JK

2. boon companion says:

Dino,
        do you have Stepford children? The fact that this so-called Selectman didn’t want to sully his phony nobody colonial uber hygienic bric a brac Pleasant Ville is uncivilized. It is disgusting. It is low class. I’m not some PITA goon saying this. The guy has ice water in his veins. It is barbaric. Nobody cares what his lamp posts look like. He and the town are just not that important. He’s on a power trip. Typical bureaucrat.

“Avoid petty laws and useless officials.” – Thomas Paine

14. stanleycustom says:

The Husky breed is noted for being break out artists and run aways.

15. Ciindy says:

What’s more important, the historic ‘view’ of the town or helping out one of the town’s citizen’s? Sturbridge is like this too and it is ridiculous. Are we living or trying to please the Martha Stewarts of the world? How else can others know the dog is missing if they don’t see what he looks like? Idiiots.

16. McSorley says:

If this dog is as important to this women as a child then she should have gotten him chipped.

1. Pat Panek says:

My dog, the one everyone thinks they know more about than me, IS CHIPPED. She has two microchips. She is not my child, but she is a member of my family. Don’t you people read, or do you just come on here to cause trouble? READ BEFORE YOU TYPE. Got it McSorley?

17. Dog Lover says:

She means the dog is her precious “family member”, you numbskull !?*#?

18. kate says:

Raised two fine sons. Never lost them, Thank God!
      After being married 32 years our little Cairn escaped the yard and was gone 2 days. We were literally heartbroken and couldn’t even talk. We just drove and walked for 2 days. That call monday morning from the vets office is a call I will never forget! FOUND! Needless to say, new tags (not just vet tags) with everything but our S>S> #’s on them! Give the woman a break. She simply loves her dog.

1. kate says:

Thank God we found our dog, because I was really worried about my husband. He was so upset… and so was I! I hope you find your dog and everyone in the community should help you, if they have a heart. Prayers.

19. Loadnabox says:

Putting the value of a dog’s life on par with a child’s life just because “They -ARE- family not just like!” is ridiculous.

So that means it’s ok to put out an amber alert every time a dog goes missing? National media coverage should be had if it’s gone for a couple days in the wilderness after getting lost on a camping trip?

If you answered no then you have proven my point. They are NOT the same as kids.

If you answered yes then you’re an idiot and should be locked up for the safety of society.

1. JK says:

Get ahold of yourself. You’re reading things that aren’t there. In my house, my dog is dependent on me for his care. I won’t abandon him because he’s sick or old or hungry. Putting up signs is a far cry from an Amber Alert. Now you are reading and quoting things that were never said or even implied. My dog has taught me a lot about human beings, things that you learn just by watching and paying attention. You don’t have the ability to do that. If you read what I said earlier, I do NOT anthropomorphize my dog. (look it up in the dictionary). That doesn’t preclude my ability to have a wonderful, happy relationship with a living being. He doesn’t talk English, but over time and with training you and your pet develop a system of communication. He knew the day my mom was dying even before the 7 people around her did.
        No I won’t even consider discussing a child’s amber alert with posting signage for a limited time for a missing pet.

2. Loadnabox says:

@JK Here’s a short list of comments that obviously anthropomorphise their dogs taken from the first page of comments:

You wouldn’t hesitate if it was your child. Well, this is her child.

she should be allowed whatever resourses[sic] to ensure the dog’s safety

a lot of pet owners consider their pets as their “children”.

It is comparable! We love our dog as much as we loved our kids

Dogs are family

why is it wrong to compare a dog with a child in this instance

To some people, their dog is their kid. It’s just like adopting a child

P.S. I didn’t need to look it up because I read plenty including other peoples comments before posting something that can easily be against my own argument.

20. Donna D says:

I always take down signs in my community in Ohio about lost animals. It is illegal to post them and the law is the law. Find another way to look for your pets. When my dog was lost I never put up a sign I just kept looking till it was found. The signs look trashy.

1. Mike says:

Donna, You sound pretty trashy. Please–don’t ever care for a pet and hope you aren’t entrusted with caring for a child.

21. Rob Cleary says:

It’s vandalism.

2. Carroll says:

Maybe the Acton local TV station would be able to help you post a message about your lost dog.Good Luck & don’t give up hope..

1. Amy Brown says:

I am sorry for this behavior. When we lived in Springfield, Missouri,
      our beloved house dog, Lucky, a Yorkie, got outside. The witch neighbor called the Humane Society. I looked everywhere for my beloved dog and finally our vet told me that the Humane Society killed Lucky the day he was picked up. There is no reasoning with this kind of behavior. It is sick and reflects our society overall – its the same as what happened at WACO – no value is placed on human or animal life except for those in control. In springfield, they kill dogs by the vacuum method. I changed totally when I found out what happened. There is not a lot of goodness left in the world.

1. MJV says:

Awwww…..why rush to put these blameless animals down without giving them the proper chance at survival? So sad, you have my sympathies!

3. Meghan Conetta says:

Shame on this man! Clearly he’s never felt the distress this woman feels over a beloved pet!

4. Jules says:

Mr Gower is currently running for Selectmen in town and asks his supporters to download a sign for his campaign. As a resident of Acton I would much prefer to see signs for lost pets then having to look at lawns plastered with political signs.

His argument that it’s been a whole winter… The breed is HUSKY, they are made for the winter and there is plenty of wildlife to eat and fresh water to keep the dog well fed and hydrated.

I will be keeping my eyes open for Bridget and I hope that she finds her way home soon!

1. Kay says:

Not to mention it’s been one of the mildest winters in a long time.

5. Lauren says:

Dogs have been known to survive years on their own, his comment is stupid and ignorant!

1. Carrie Jo says:

Also, Husky’s are known for running. They are made for winter are very good at traveling over long distances. This dog is likely doing just fine save for being really dirty. I hope the owner gets her beloved dog back.

6. Pat Panek says:

Hi Jim,

I was very impressed with the piece about Bridgett. it was well edited and I want to thank you for bringing this to the public’s attention. It is causing quite a stir and more people are aware of Bridgett. She WILL be home soon. She has not been “taken in” and she is not “gone.” I know she is out there and I know the general area. We are close to bringing her home.
    One thing I do need to stress is that IF YOU SEE BRIDGETT, DO NOT APPROACH HER. she’s not aggressive but she is afraid of people. If you see her, please call me or email me asap. Bridgett was breeding stock for a puppy mill down south … she was bred every time she came into season for SIX years. She was kept in a large crate almost the entire time. She has trust issues and that is why it is so important that you DO NOT APPROACH her … that could cause her to run farther away. I didn’t get a chance to say that during the interview.

Thanks again to Jim and Chuck … this has been a very positive experience for me and you two made it easy.

1. adarc says:

Good luck finding her.

2. btruth says:

good luck & power to you! I hope you get her back safely! All the animal lovers understand.

3. Carrie Jo says:

I really hope you find her and bring her home.

4. kate says:

We are with you!

7. BAC says:

The selectman needs to check his facts before speaking…lost dogs can survive on their own for a very long time..this is clearly a regulation that needs to be changed..nothing is being sold and the signs are being monitored and maintained..thank you for covering this story

8. adarc says:

Every neighbor should plant a sign about Bridget squarely in their yard ( like an election sign).
    In fact maybe Bridget should run for selectman.

1. Pat Panek says:

Wouldn’t that be something?

2. Lauren says:

This is a fantastic idea. I think people should do that very thing!

1. Pat Panek says:

Bridgett has a FB page https://www.facebook.com/helpbringbridgetthome and under the scribd app on the left are different posters that can be printed out. Please stop by and visit her page and “Like” it if you are so inclined. Thanks :)

9. Bev C. says:

Having been a resident of Acton and having worked for the Town for most of my adult life, I cannot agree more with Jules about preferring to see missing pet signs than the thousands of political signs all over town which are a real eyesore seeing rows of signs with the same names on them.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Janet K. about this dog being the equivalent of a lost child to the owner and I can only imagine how distressing it must be to not know where Bridgett is and to not be allowed to post signs on a few busy corners to alert people to watch for the dog and make a simple phone call to help bring her home. This poor dog has suffered enough…help her owner find her! LET HER POST THE SIGNS! PLEASE…FOR DOG’S SAKE!

10. Cindy DeLong says:

Mr. Gower needs to be educated about the survival of dogs. Hey did you know a dog was recovered and saved after 2 yrs. on the run, and through a very bad winter, being last year. Her name is “LANA.” I have heard there are many political signs up, so if a person monitors their signs and removes them and adds fresh ones, well why NOT. This kind woman just wants her dog home and is doing all she can. I watched the whole piece on Bridgett, thank you, just wish we saw more of Bridgett then the selectman. It’s sad to think that a pet owner has to do this just to make an attempt to get her canine friend home. Thank you WBZ for putting this story on. One more thing if you check in CT they have signs every where and no one is tearing them down, no one. More get put up on a regular basis and that lost dog is from MA. Here’s to Bridgett coming home.

11. Rob Cleary says:

Why not just get another dog? This isn’t North Korea (yet), the damn things are available for free at thousands of shelters. Next time keep an eye on your property.

1. Pat Panek says:

Do you always wake up this happy in the morning? Thanks for your compassion and understanding. I am very careful with my animals and consider her part of my family and NOT PROPERTY. I hope your comment has enhanced your day iin some way. It sure was an eye-opener. Have a good one Rob Cleary. PLEASE never go to one of those shelters and get one of those “damn things … for free.”

1. MaryAnn says:

My daughter has retrieved two dogs now from a shelter. They both have turned out quite well. Well mannered and behavior. I would not mind having one like she was able to get. She would go on the internet and check the shelters. Both dogs are bigger dogs. I would not hesitate getting a shelter dog only check out the shelter first. Mark Levin, noted book writer, always gets his dogs from a shelter also.

2. petem says:

Pat,
      Don’t let LOSERS like Rob get you down. He’s a jerk with a capital J.
      The other day he thought it was funny to make an anti-Semitic joke about the fires in Situate.

Go away Rob, no one needs your type here (or anywhere for that matter)

3. Lauren says:

Wow, Rob, are you running for selectman too? It’s easy to make comments like that from behind a computer screen, isn’t it?
      You obviously are a heartless person if you can not see that this “damn thing” is not a thing at all, but a member of someone’s family. How dare you even make a comment like that. Go back into the hole you crawled out of and mind your business

4. Kay says:

FYI, they are NOT free from shelters. You obviously have never adopted an animal before. My dog cost $350 from the local shelter.

1. mjazz says:

I got a Samoyed from a shelter for 5 bucks.

2. Phil says:

Rob is just an idiotic troll, looking to cause trouble.

Anyway, this article is linked on Drudge, so it’s sure to attract more mouth-breathers.

The thing is, there actually are different perspectives on animal rescue depending on region. In New England, we actually have much lower shelter populations than there are in the south, and far lower stray populations. In fact, many of the shelters in New England (such as Save-A-Dog in Sudbury) get their dogs transported up from places like West Virginia and Georgia. Because of that, they have higher costs (many shelters around here will also microchip and / or spay/neuter dogs before they adopt them out), and that is often passed along as an adoption fee, which still generally does not cover the full cost of vets, vaccines, neutering, microchip, transportation, food, shelter, etc.

5. Sammie Jo says:

OMG, I hope no animal is ever unlucky enough to end up in your world!
      If you have children and one of them turns up missing, don’t woryy, just run down to the local orphanage, you can get one of the damn things for free!

6. lee says:

i suggest you get yourself a New Companion.
      come to my house and i will take my taser and stick it in your chest.
      it wont cost you a dime, i promise

7. Cameron says:

I think we need another Rob Cleary since you are obviously defective.

8. RUKIDDIN says:

And when someone kidnaps your child, why not just adopt another? No sweat!

9. kate says:

Shame on you Rob.

12. Jessica says:

It’s so nice to see so many nice comments and support for someone who lost their dog. Losing a dog can happen to anyone and especially as Pat stated, a dog like Bridget was a breeding dog in a puppy mill for 6 years before Pat rescued her. She had a horrible life before. But apparently Rob has never had a house pet who he loves and cares for. There’s always one bad apple in the bunch.

Pat – Lots of people are here to support you. And Bridgett will come home!

Any lost dog you ever see please never chase. Dogs who get lost after a few days can become feral-like because they are in survival-mode. Calling their name or chasing them will only drive them out of their comfort zone. Best to call the number of the lost dog if you have it or get down low to the ground with some food and no eye contact with the dog. Check out Granite State Dog Recovery if you want to help locate dogs in your area or need help finding your lost dog. http://www.granitestatedogrecovery.com. They are on facebook too.

Bridgett – it’s time to come home. Your mom misses you!

1. Pat Panek says:

Hi Jessica, such a nice post. Thank you and thanks for pointing out Granite State Dog Recovery and for the very clear instructions on what to do if you come in contact with a lost dog.

I agree, Bridgett it is time to come home. We are so close to making that happen and I miss you more than I can say. Dogs are unique individuals and not replaceable … they are not paper towels.

2. Nab71 says:

Granite State Dog recovery is doing a nice job trying to capture a Sheltie in Dunstable, too. It can be a frustrating process, but at least the posters are allowed there, and there have been many sightings as a result. Keep your chin up, sometimes it takes many months.

If Mr. Gower gets lost what is the limit for search time? After all he is simply a dumb animal.

1. Pat Panek says:

I hope this doesn’t end up being a duplicate response. I did reply a little while ago, but it must be floating around in cyberspace.

Granite State Dog Recovery, with the help of Martha Boynton, is doing a wonderful job trying to get Skipper, the sheltie. Ironically, I made some of the posters you see in Dunstable … glad to help out. I am also glad that they are allowed to be seen. There have been many sightings of this little guy and I believe he will be safe again very soon.

I know not to give up. Bridgett is out there. She has been sighted. She is not running around all over the place anymore and she will be home SOON! :)

13. Julie Busa says:

I found it outrageous that Acton allows political signs to be posted all over their town, but not signs for someone’s lost family member. Town officials should be ashamed of themselves…

1. Pat Panek says:

In all fairness to Acton, they don’t “allow” signs they grant permission for a fee. That is my understanding, anyway. I think their by-laws are too numerous, contradictory, and confusing to be understood. I have tried to be respectful and ask for owner permission before putting up a sign … some of those are even taken down. I make it clear to anyone granting me permission that they could be fined and that I will gladly pay that fine, should that happen.

14. Pat Panek says:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BRIDGETT IS OUT THERE. DO NOT CHASE IF SEEN. iFshe is in a precarious situation call the local police or animal control officer. The police would be able to respond more quickly initially. If you don’t have my contact information, it is readily available on her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/helpbringbridgetthome She even has a QR code for the tech savvy out there. Please visit her page and learn more about her and the search efforts on her behalf. I am crazy about my dog, but I am not insane. :)

15. ANNOULA says:

O MY GOD I FEEL FOR YOU. I SAW YOUR DOG AT SUDBURY DAVES FEELD SHE CAME CLOSE TO MY DOG BUT COUND GET TO CLOSE TO SEE HER NAME ON THE TEAG.I HAVE CALLED THE SUDBURY ANIMAL INSPECTOR THE CALLED ME BACK BUT THE SAY THE NOT THE ONES TO CALL AND THA THE WERE GOING TO CALL THE WRITE PEOPLE TO HELP THE DOG.THIS IS THE # I CALLED 508 485 1030. I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK THE DOG LOOKED WELL IT HAD THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BLUE EYES I VERY SEEN. IM SO SO SORRY I COUD CACT HER . GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU .I HOPE YOU HAVE HER SAFE AT HOME.

1. Pat Panek says:

I also replied to this earlier. Thank you, Annoula, for letting me know about this dog in Sudbury. I know that it is not Bridgett because she has BROWN eyes, not blue. But I still thank you for taking the time to contact me and for caring. This dog you saw belongs to someone and sounds like it is loved. I hope he/she is home safely and soon. Bridgett is close to being safe again. She will be home SOON. I believe that with my whole heart. You did a great thing by contacting me. If you come across that dog or another lost dog, it is important that you do NOT TRY TO CATCH IT. They are very scared and might run even farther away. Call the police or Animal control. I will be praying that the Sudbury Husky is home soon!

16. Deanna says:

Unreal, my dog has been in NJ since 10/6/10, this past winter was so mild, so glad you got this story out! We also still get sightings and are still hopeful to have our Spinone Gina home soon! Good luck and may we all have our dogs back !

1. Pat Panek says:

Oh, I will pray that she is home soon. How great that you are still having sightings, but so sad that she has been out there for a year and a half.

17. Vicki says:

Mr. Gowling.. you better get some information on the resiliency of a dog.. And signs do help.. because the more eyes out there to find the dog the better.. (do you think those political signs are attractive ? or the ones advertising for tax preparations? come on now , this dog is so close .. you need to know the proper procedure in retreiving a family pet.. It has happened.. ask the dog owners that have gotten their dogs back after 6 months or l8 months or even more time.. go to Granite State Dog Recovery facebook page and read about all the success stories.. Pat just wants her dog home.. and she needs all the help she can get.. starting with flyers.. If any of my dogs went missing I would hope I have the support of my neighborhood and city I live in….

1. Pat Panek says:

I think after all of the feedback this report has generated, he will educate himself on such things. Thank you Vicki for your comments. I do agree with you and I think your last sentence is SUPER STRONG. Well said.

18. Susan says:

We have been trying to catch a lost dog in Maine since September…He is still out there in need of rescue as we have sighting reports and video of him from as recently as last night! This selectman does not have a clue about how long dogs can survive and elude. He is not helping his re-election campaign by being so thoughtless and uncaring.

1. Pat Panek says:

Oh, I do hope your get him soon. Have you contacted Granite State Dog Recovery? They help lost dogs come home, mostly in New England. They are a great resource for getting the dog’s information out there. They have around 5600 fans and that is a lot of information sharing. You can find them on the internet AND on facebook. Good luck and so glad you have seen the dog on video as recently as last night. Do you have feeding station set up in that area?

19. Lived It says:

Well I do hope this dog is found safe……………..and soon! I love all the support from the animal lovers and the community in times like this but people need to understand that an animal and a child are not the same! Parents are supposed to leave this world before their children. It is misguided to compare the loss of a pet to the loss of a child.

1. Pat Panek says:

Emotional connections are very strong in both cases. I am a mother and I agree there is a difference, BUT Bridgett is a huge part of this household and a member of my family. She just so happens to have fur and I love her dearly. I hope you got your animal back and that it was in good condition. It’s always great to hear a success story!

20. JQ says:

Pat, I sincerely hope you find Bridgett soon. I too am disappointed in the selectmans attitude but, more importantly, I am still trying to figure out what historic look and feel they are worried about destroying with a lost dog sign. Boggles my mind.

1. Pat Panek says:

Mine too. Some people consider those signs a blight on the landscape, I guess. Perhaps the Colonials didn’t have pets? I know they didn’t have florescent poster board … maybe tea stained posters are the way to go. ;)

21. Janet K. says:

I beg to differ on the last post. If you have no family and no children a dog can be the equivalent of a child – it is a warm-blooded, living mammal. While they don’t speak words, humans and their pets have learned to create a means of communication that they understand. When you’ve lived with a pet for 10, 12 years or even 6 months, the thought of something bad happening to a four-footed fur kid is horrifying. You feed them, care for them when hurt (injured), take care of their medical needs and exercise. Having a dog is like living with a perpetual toddler.
    My dog is a dog – and gives me something to laugh and smile about every day. I don’t anthropomorphize him. He’s much better than some people and, certainly better than the poster Rob. He can read people much better than we read each other.
    If you can’t put a sign on your lawn, what’s to prevent you from attaching signs to cars and on your houses or in your windows? Pat – you may want to contact Debbie at lostdogsearch.com here in MA. She helped us set traps to catch a friend’s dog on the run in Sudbury for a coupleof months. Lots of great info on her web site. You can borrow traps from animal control and shelters. They have to be monitored. But once you establish your girl’s route you can place them strategically and increase the odds of bringing her home. Good luck. Thanks to WBZ for posting this and shame on the town of Acton for their archaic short-sightedness. I hope everyone calls Jim at speaks their mind. His phone number is posted on his web site.

1. Lived It says:

If you have no family and no children…..then you don’t know. I am sure you are wonderful pet owner (parent to your dog) and a wonderful person. The difference between losing a pet and losing a child are so far apart. Humans can have, love, cherish ,enjoy and lose several pets over the course of life. It is natures way……………..we live longer. The loss of a child is a devastating event in ones life that changes a person forever. A new pet can not replace lost one but can fill a void in a persons life. The loss of a child is…………………………..

Pat I sincerely hope you and Bridgett are reunited very soon!

1. Pat Panek says:

Thank you. I have experienced both, the death of a child and the loss of a beloved pet. I recently had to have a cat put down, have had that experience too. I am not saying that they all equate, but what I am saying is that the pain is intense in either regard. Bridgett is someone I chose to include in my family. I adopted her, worked with her to establish a bond, wanted her to feel safe and secure and loved. Knowing that she is out there scared, and alone, and in danger gnaws at me. She is NOT dead; that would require a different kind of closure. I feel intensely the loss of this dog. I am a mother. I know that bond, too. I have to agree with Janet that having a dog is like living with a toddler in many ways. I love my pets completely. Having lost a child, it is unnatural. It’s crushing and something that stays with you forever. I worry about Bridgett because she is out there and fending for herself and darting in front of cars and watching out for coyotes. I won’t defend the love I have for my dog. It does not diminish the love I have for my kids, living or dead.

2. Pat Panek says:

Hi Again … you stated this perfectly. Thank you. For me, it is gut wrenching to have my girl out there scared and alone and in danger. I think I have been to the website you mentioned. I have had the help of Granite State Dog Recovery. they have loaned me a trap, which is now being used to bring a Sheltie in while Bridgett is settling down. They have also loaned me a trail camera which I’ve used on several occasions. I am hoping to set up a feeding station today in the area she has been spotted most. I know she will not go into a traditional trap … traumatic because of her history. Granite State has a trap they made called a Gypsy Trap and that is a definite possibility. Thanks so much for all of your comments, Janet.

22. Linda says:

post your flyers at feed and seed stores and pet stores and store bulletin boards like gas stations. hopefully that will help.

1. Pat Panek says:

thanks … have done some of that, but in Acton that is not allowed … the owner could be fined.

1. Linda says:

agggh you’re kidding? I could see out on the street and on telephone poles but at store bulletin boards, that’s rediculous

23. Lisa Dingle says:

I’m so glad the media picked up on this. I am so tired of rules being written that treat everyone the same – often targeting the harshest “offenders” and taking away the ability for those who do the RIGHT thing to actually do the RIGHT thing. If people put up the signs for Bridgett in their yards and are told they don’t comply because they aren’t ‘political’, make sure they are changed to “Bridgett for Selectman” (with a huge picture of her and your phone number of course, in case she is seen!) and have the dog run against the current Selectman! Pat, I’m over in Dunstable and am working with Martha on finding Skipper. I see the signs up and down High Street and on Main as well. They are perfect. Martha has had sightings and calls (due to these signs) and we are narrowing our search. The signs have made a HUGE difference. Thank you for coming over to put them up.

24. Pat Panek says:

Hi Lisa,

I know you are working with Martha over there. I didn’t put up the signs, she did. I made them and am so glad they are working. I laughed out loud at your suggestion for Bridgett “political” signs and might just do that. LOL. Selectman Gowing, she is tough competition. Any luck with Skipper today?

1. Lisa Dingle says:

Not yet but we are narrowing. The neighbors have been great :)

2. Paul Revere says:

Pat,

Please notice that your town Acton, MA is a member of ICLEI (sustainable development) AGENDA 21…This has more to do with controlling the people/sheeple thru bogus zoning/rules/regulations and approach a more broader subject that people need to WAKE UP about. Good luck in finding your furry friend. Mike Gowing is only a STOOGE for the Agenda 21 folk…DONT BE FOOLED

25. jennifer taylor says:

What amazes me is that the town would rather have dogs running loose than have signs up to help get the lost dogs home.

1. Pat Panek says:

Hi Jennifer, undoubtedly that was the way it was done in Colonial times … the historical aspect and all. Great observation.

26. joma5004 says:

So let me get this right: it is ok for a business to put up sinage if it is in the business of gouging the public AND is giving campaign contributions to incumbent selectmen but is illegal for an owner of a lost dog to put up signs about the dog. It’s also OK for the emcumbent selectmen to put up signs as it is in their best interests to do so. Sound like the selectamen in the town of Acton are currupt.

27. Margo Hansen says:

It’s unfortunate that the town of Acton has a chairman that is willing to make uninformed public comments. It would behoove Chairman Gowing to educate himself about missing companion animals before doing a network news interview.

Chairman Gowing – may I suggest that you do a modicum of research about missing dogs, and the recovery thereof – you would be doing yourself and your town a disservice not to.

May beautiful Bridgett soon be reunited with her loving, devoted family.

28. truther says:

id prefer all sign postings garage sale etc be illegal. just makes the area look like trash because NEVER does the poster come back and remove the sings to say nothing about the damage to the poles from all the staples. good for this town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no the town will just have animal control pick it up and charge the owner for 100% of the cost JUST LIKE IT SHOULD BE. take ownership and responsibility for your pets.

29. truther says:

wow 4 months, the dog is dead or has a new owner sorry but that happened MONTHS ago, 99% of pet dogs can’t survive on their own and half of the breeds are actually bred to be dependent on people read little stupid lap dogs. so yeah this dog is dead.

1. Pat Panek says:

You are ignorant as to how well a dog can survive. A little Jack Russell Terrier survived for a year in the woods in NH. No one else had her, she wasn’t dead, and she survived one of the snowiest winters on record 2010-2011. My dog is bred for survival. She was seen YESTERDAY! She is NOT dead or in someone else’s home. You should do more research before you issue such statements. I am not going to waste more time trying to educate you. You are only here, hiding behind your computer, striking out at someone who has done you no harm. Have a great rest of the day … ahem “Truther????”

30. Marie says:

How about homeowners? Can’t they put the signs in their windows, or fences?
    I hope she finds her dog.

1. Pat Panek says:

Replied to you below accidently … should have put it here.

31. Pat Panek says:

If I don’t remove my signs, I agree that I should pay the town for doing so. When a sign is posted, with permission, on private property it should be left alone as the poster has entered into an agreement with the property owner. A lost dog is not the same as a yard sale. By trying to find my escape artist, I AM taking OWNERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PET. I am not willing to leave her out there to become rabid or to damage property. I am TRYING TO BRING HER HOME. The poles, are you serious? A dog can be out there scared and in danger and you’re worried about poles? Trust me, insects do more harm than staples. How would you feel if everyone let their dogs stay scared and lost and they ran in front of your car and caused damage to your vehicle? There are limits to everything and there are priorities to be considered. Bridgett is not out there because I am or was irresponsible; she escaped. AGAIN, I AM TRYING TO DO THE RESPONSIBLE THING AND GET MY DOG BACK HOME … signs would help a whole lot with that effort. Had I been allowed to post them, there is a good chance that she would already be home. Because I can’t get the word out, the sightings are fewer and the recovery time greater. I hope someone you love never goes through a similar situation. AGREED, people who post signs should remove them as well.

32. Pat Panek says:

Marie, so far the MOST of the signs on private property have been allowed to stay … that is in Acton. I have had signs on private property in Littleton taken down and there is no ordinance against signs in Littleton except on the town common. It is people like Truther and Cleary who think appearances are more important that a living creature … they are the types who remove those signs.

1. Margo Hansen says:

Any idea how the Town of Acton feels about people taping posters to their vehicles? One would think they wouldn’t have control over that.

Pat, how you keep your calm when replying to the rantings of the ignorant – is beyond me.

If I lived near Acton – I would gladly plaster my car with posters of Bridgett and park in a new spot every 10 minutes.

1. Pat Panek says:

Margo … hi! Who says I’m calm? LOL. These rantings are nothing in comparison to the anguish of having a pet trying to survive out there. Most of these posts have been wonderful. There always have to be a few others. I am Irish and my Irish does get up, but I am, by nature, a very patient person. That is why I elect to take in dogs that have issues.

If anyone plasters their car, they should look up the laws about where and what kind of windows you can tape things to. There are regulations, understandably for that, too.

2. Margo Hansen says:

Who said anything about windows? Plaster the doors, the bumpers, the hood, the trunk – Hey – what about those Car-top framed signs (like the candidates use????)

33. R. Scott says:

The owner should contact http://www.findtoto.com — it is a very effective service.

1. Pat Panek says:

And very expensive. I have used a similar service petamberalert.com twice. It hasn’t amounted to much, but I don’t have the money for fiindtoto. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Signs have been proven as, if not more, effective than these robo-call services. In a perfect world, it would nice to be able to have both. :)

1. K says:

Have you put ads in the local papers (Concord Jornal etc, action unlimited). I know it costs money but there are lots and lots of old people around here who don’t get out much. Maybe a sighting in a back yard wold trigger a memory if they saw this in the paper…

34. Marie says:

Maybe if you ask people from a Church or community center to put signs in their car windows. I wish I could help you. Sure hope you find the dog soon.

35. Cleo says:

This is really, really wrong. What happened to common sense and kindness in small towns where posting Lost Dog signs was a way for neighbors to help their fellow neighbors? This town’s inhabitants need to get together and insist that their local government leaders CHANGE the rules so the signs like these CAN be posted. Don’t let the local leaders run you over with their own ideas of what rules and regulations are best. If your elected leaders don’t listen to you, then VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE and elect decent, wise leaders who do have common sense. The majority of the town’s citizens should make the decision — if the locals want Lost Dog signs to be permitted in their town, then it should be so!

1. K says:

well said….and frankly, aren’t there loads of ancient laws that are simply bypassed?

Hi K,

Yes I have paid for ads in the Littleton Independent, a quarter page ad in the Lowell Sun, Action unlimited, online papers like the Patch (Acton, Concord, Westford, Sudbury) and have been lucky enough to have a long article in the Littleton Independent a week ago … that article was also put into the Acton-Boxborough Beacon. I have done everything I can think of to get the word out. I have magnetic bumper stickers on my car and a self cling poster on my back window. There is a sandwich board in my front yard and I and a crew of friends have hung bags with fliers from mailbox flags. Bridgett is also listed on a multitude of lost pet sites on the internet, and has her posters in veterinarian’s offices, several shelters and humane societies, pet stores, feed stores, libraries, post offices, you get the idea. I am not taking the easy way out here. I am doing everything I can think of to get this dog back. We have paid for 2 petamberalert robo-calls, I have stood in the freezing cold handing out brochures at train stations, etc. Thanks for the suggestion about the Concord Journal, that is one I missed.

36. 1stackmack says:

we have a little pup that loves to sneak under the fence.l went out to call for her and the first l saw was a hawk in a ten foot dead tree not 50′ from me.l thought the worst.but little penni came running from the neighbors yard across the street,with the hawk watching her.put the signs up anyway.screw acton.

1. Pat Panek says:

It gets expensive making, ordering, putting up signs only to have to do again and again and again … sometimes they don’t even last a day. Making these signs also limits the amount of time I have to do other things to bring her home. Signs are so important in recovering lost pets.

37. spayandneuterliberals says:

minor bureaucratic functionaries controlling your life..sort of like obama care…

1. Pat Panek says:

This comment has NOTHING to do with signage.

1. spayandneuterliberals says:

Thanks for your valuable opinion.

2. TJ says:

SANL, Dimwit dames can’t listen to common sense.

TJ

38. Rev. David Valjean says:

I think almost everyone here, except of course the Internet Sock Puppets of Homeland Security/N.W.O., would agree that we need government but what I fail to see is ANY governmental responsibility and since 911 a total disregard for the Rule of Law. Whatever happened to the American’s who used to believe in the Mark Twain quote of “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.”? This government has not had the people’s best interests in mind since the federal take over after the Civil War. It was at this time that the Federal Government became “incorporated” and the International Bankers and Robber Barons like the Rothschild Clan and the Rockefeller’s, Vanderbilt’s, Carnegie’s and their lot had the feds pass all of these federal regulations to “Protect the Public Interest” when in reality it was nothing more than a way to kill off the independent businessman and crush any and all competition. As John D. Rockefeller was once quoted “Competition is a Sin!”. If you support this government which has destroyed America and changed the very fabric of our Great Land then you are hopelessly lost and have already begun the descent down the slippery slope, and unfortunately there is no clawing your way back to the top at this late date. May God have mercy on us all…

39. Janet K says:

Pat – why not put up Mike Gowing’s political signs – and put your message for Bridgett on the other side of his. I’m sure he’d be happy to help with the cause. Place the signs perpendicular to the road in a way that is most advantageous to you. He has already been elected. Is there a law against a sign which supports more than one ‘candidate’?
    If you can’t beat them, join them. You’d be playing by the rules. I’ll bet the laws don’t prohibit more than one message. Besides, looking at Bridgett’s picture is way more appealing than any politician.

Just my .02

1. Pat Panek says:

I wonder if all his “people” have taken down his signs. Hmmmm. Maybe I could use the cardboard and sign holders.

40. JWnTX says:

So the city ins’t taking down the lady’s signs or preventing her from putting them up? But we have a Chairman of the Board of Selectmen who says they may not be allowed in the future when the town rewrites its sign ordinances. And this is a story? Why not just post the picture of the dog for the lady and call it a day? Seems to be the only service this story actually provides.

41. Cleo says:

Mike Gowing, the Chairman of Acton Board of Selectmen, says in the CBS Boston video interview that Bridgett the Husky probably couldn’t have survived the winter. Are you kidding? The dog is a SIBERIAN HUSKY who live in freezing temperatures very easily. It’s likely that good Samaritans who have spotted the lost dog have put out food for her these last 4 months, so Bridgett is most likely alive and well and just trying to find her way home. Mike Gowing speaks about “balance” regarding signs in the town of Acton? What the heck does that mean? It’s OK to have some signs, but not others? I get the feeling the Bridgett the most likely highly intelligent female Husky would do a better job as Acton’s Chairman of the Board of SelectWOMEN than Mike Gowing is doing. Time for Acton residents to elect leaders with common sense and figure out that posting Lost Dog signs is a very helpful, wonderful way for neighbors to help their fellow neighbors. Especially in small towns!

42. Susan M says:

I will never live in Acton. What a bunch of idiots.

43. Chris says:

Better hope PETA doesn’t find this dog. They have a 95% kill rate.

44. Christopher says:

Who is he to decide it’s hopeless at this point. That is annoying and arrogant. There has been sighting, so I wouldn’t give up hope either. He apparently has no idea how much a dog can mean to it’s human. I hope she find her husky.

45. Tim Condon says:

I agree with Susan, above. Some small towns sometimes feature small-minded people who love rules and regulations more than human beings and their pets. Acton is apparently one of them. No thanks.

46. mrbobf says:

Acton must also ban these signs:

Real estate
    Vehicles for Sale
    Welcome Home, ie: soldier arriving home
    New baby, It’s a girl, etc.
    Yard sale, garage sale
    Political, ie: “elect a new village idiot to outlaw thjis sighn”
    Any merchant sandwich sign
    Non-profit car wash signs, ie: to raise money for class trips, scouts, etc.
    Lost child

The new Acton slogan: Where life is miserable.

47. Pat Panek says:

I am going to try and post a link that will dispel some people’s fears. I don’t know if it will work here, but I am going to try. If it is a bust, the discovery channel , DOG 101

1. Pat Panek says:

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/dogs-101-siberian-husky.html There, finally got it to work. This is short and very interesting, at least I think so.

48. Boots says:

Those selectman needs a bit more character , not the Town…

“Acton officials want to help people like Pat Panek, but don’t want the town overrun with signs. Part of the selectmens’ job is to maintain the historic look and feel of the town.”

49. John C says:

“she will take them down as soon as the dog is found”

What if the dog is never found? Then what.

No matter how worthy her cause, it doestn’ exempt her from obeying the law.

1. Pat Panek says:

Hi John … a valid point. I am not, nor have a broken any laws. The signs I have in Acton are with permission on PRIVATE PROPERTY, not on utility poles, etc. The comment I made about taking the signs down when the dog was found was, I believe, part of a conversation we were having about Littleton and how those signs were being pulled down. There is no law in Littleton regarding signs except for the town common. On my posters, I put the date, my promise to remove the signs, and my signature. It is clear the signs have not been up long and my information is all over those things … how hard is it for someone to make a call if they are unsure about the dog’s status or if I missed a sign? I have not broken a single law and that is not my intent. I just think that if businesses can littler intersections with signs, politicians too, then someone who is posting on private property trying to bring their dog home should have the same rights. I hope this clears up any confusion. Signs have been proven to be the best and fastest way to bring a lost pet home … had my signs been allowed to remain where they were posted LEGALLY, then Bridgett might be home by now. Just sayin’

50. alexa says:

Husky’s have no problem living outside in the winter. They are breed for that and they also love to run.
    My husky preferred the cold to being in a house,. When the snow would fall it would cover her and form an iglloo. It was a wonder to see a pile of snow move when she was called and she would be underneath.
    In the summer she wanted in for the air-conditioning but spent her winters outside.
    My little pekingese was lost during a fire. I kept posting signs and ads in the papers for lost pets. After 2 1/2 months someone saw her come out of a drain pipe while heading to work in the early hours of the morning and we got her back. She was an older dog so when we went looking for her she couldn’t hear us calling. I am so glad she was eventually spotted and taken in by someone who called for us to come and get her. One would never expected a 10 lb dog to last so long on her own.
    My advice to you would be to go to the area when the most spotting have been and use her doggie call and see if you can coach her to you.
    Believe me she is going to want in when the summer comes along.
    Good luck~

1. Pat Panek says:

What an incredible story about your Pekingese. So glad it had a happy ending.

I know that Bridgett will miss the air-conditioning if she is not home before the heat and humidity. She really does not like the summers and that is a bit of a surprise because she spent most of her life in Georgia.

I do go to that area, but dog recovery experts advise against calling the dog’s name. I just speak conversationally to my other dog, but don’t say her name.

1. Dianne says:

Pat, I lost my sheltie, and recovered her by driving through the adjacent neighborhood at 3am. She had apparently been caught in brambles, as when I turned around to go home she was standing in the middle of the road with 7-foot bramble branches twisted into her fur. Dogs recognize car engines…

51. Bob says:

Texas has a “bandit sign”law which this town could well copy. Platic or cardboard signs about just everything should be banned on public property as they can’t be read and are an environmental nuisance which the goody two shoes elitist left should well consider.They reduce property values and are an illegal intrusion. Maybe instead of forcing health laws on the tax payer Congress should start cleaning up the highways and by ways of this beuatiful country.

1. Osamas Pajamas says:

Ho hum. You don’t have to be a leftist or a Democrat or a conservative or a libertarian to just ignore — or read — the signs and be on your way headed elsewhere. People get all bent out of shape over such minor crxp! If you can help, then do it. If not, then move along and get a life. Amazing!

52. Diogenes says:

When the dog is found.

53. Pat Panek says:

We are talking Private vs Public property here. Nothing I have done is illegal. I post my signs legally and on private property with permission. Hope that helps clear up your confusion, Bob.

54. uncle tom says:

Poor woman didn’t donate to the Neighborhood Democrat or she is registered to vote in the wrong precinct

She should call up the WH and ask to speak to Mooshell. Mooshell will help her get the dog back.

55. Tomicha says:

So sorry to hear about the lost dog. How did he become lost? The sign laws do seem confusing, however, I understand the reasoning. I know of a small, historical town that has one area for signs and notices. It keeps the town free of “clutter” and people then congregate to see and chat about the local “news”. Surely there are areas nearby that people drive or walk by where the lost dog signs could be posted. Also, limits on sign postings are not uncommon. After a certain set time, all signs come down regardless of when they were posted. Certainly there is an area near Acton where these signs could be posted. Hope the pup is returned home soon.

1. Pat Panek says:

Hi Tomicha … the town you describe sounds lovely. People around here don’t seem to congregate much which is another reason why signs are so important … not as much word of mouth here. Also, signs allow people to actually see what the dog looks like.

Bridgett and my other dog when outside around midnight to relieve themselves one last time. Buster came back right away, Bridgett didn’t so I gave her about five minutes and started calling her. She didn’t respond so I grabbed a flashlight and went out into my fenced yard. No husky. Called my husband, he checked too, but found that she had dug, in 5 minutes time, a small hole under the fence where rains had washed away some of the soil. She shimmied under that fence via that tiny hole, don’t know how, and then trotted off playing “catch me if you can.” She got spooked and bolted and that was the last time WE saw her. She’s been sighted about 27, 28 times, just not by us. I search all the time and truly believe that she will be home soon. She seems to be settling down now.

56. tzrogan says:

This is ridiculous that there is even a law dictating whether or not a person can put up a sign! What kind of system do we have where petty officials can dictate this?

57. Dave says:

Dear Pat Panek, what made you think you had rights? Or for that matter a common sense community? Where do you get off thinking that any of todays liberal leftist marxist politicians think you, the mere commoner, have any right to anything except what scraps they let you have from their table?

You America is gone. It left with the freedom of children to sell lemonade at the curb-side and the right of your dad to build a shed without nazi-like town busybodies issuing their “permission” by way of money theiving permit processes. It let you the day your neighbor could spank you kid for being bad bringing them home to you to tell what he or she did and YOU backing them up. It was gone where we said God must go to hell and humanism must replace all that we used to call honorable.

This, dear Pat Panek, is whay you cannot put a sign up.

58. Osamas Pajamas says:

I ignore signs and after awhile they go away. Stop trying to control other people! Our rulers have waaaaaay too much power to interfere in our lives!

59. Pensieve says:

Am I the only dog lover here he thinks, enough is enough – signs can’t go around the town forever? Or even four months? Also, I hope this lady does find her dog, but she should prepare herself to eventually learn that some of the “sightings” are false, or even cruel attempts to yank her chain. But I do hope her dog comes home.

1. Pat Panek says:

To set the record straight, Bridgett has not been missing 4 months, not yet. How come yard sale signs, older than dirt, can stay up forever? I am sure some of the sightings could be false, but some come from people I know and trust. Help me afford a tracker and we can weed out the false from the genuine, but until she is home or she is too old to no longer be living or I have seen her body, I will continue with my efforts to bring her home. Very few people out there trying to yank my chain … the cruelest comments come from people who tell “this lady” that her dog can’t be alive because THEY said so. Dogs don’t just disappear. If there is a body, it will be discovered. If I am allowed to keep Bridgett’s picture out there and someone knows of a neighbor who just got a brand new fully grown husky that looks just like the picture, calls because of my signs then it’s all good. No body, no case. I don’t want to live the rest of my life going through this, believe me. This is torturous, but I am trying to do right by Bridgett and be true to myself. If my gone for a long time dog doesn’t die out there, I abandon my search, she comes down with rabies and bites your child would you think I carried on my search too long then? BTW, she is current on her rabies shots.

60. Pensieve says:

I withdraw my comment saying the signs had been up long enough, ever since I read the owner’s comment that she is posting only on private property with permission. I had imagined them going up on utility poles, etc. If what she says is true, that changes matters. As Emily Latella on the Saturday Night Live many, many years ago, “Never mind.”

1. Pat Panek says:

OOPs… still there but I respect you for reading and thinking it over.

61. 2BFree2B says:

That Gowing idiot needs to post a sign for someone to return his brain. How hateful can you get???? I can’t believe a person is so incredigly cruel that he won’t even let somoene post a sign to get their beloved pet back.

62. Pat Panek says:

Did anyone happen to notice in the report how OLD some of those “ok” signs on 27 & 111 had been allowed to remain up. One was for a registration that was over on 2.18.12, almost a month ago.

63. btruth says:

If I lived in such a heartless nanny town, I’d spray paint all the major roads with what I thought about them, see how that gets their goats! nothing like construction grade neon lettering to really piss off the fascists. You think posting lost signs is bad!? Try removing curse words & infantile neon graffiti from your roadways.

64. Red_Fez says:

I bet if she wanted to put up, “Obama – Biden 2012” signs, they’d let her.

65. kenema says:

JayGee is a racist. Calling someone a racist because their a birther in ignorant. But, the “some village in Kenya is missing it’s idiot” is funny.

66. NC Ken says:

Common down to live in North Carolina, where we kick idiots out of positions of responsibility as soon as they prove it..

67. A.T. says:

Hi Pat, I live near Pratts Brook in Acton, we chatted briefly one day last month when you were out looking for Bridgett. I’m so glad you had a recent sighting! I have a good feeling you will have her back soon :)

I will print the poster from FB and put it in my car window (let’s see what Acton can do about THAT!).

Stay strong!
    AT

1. Pat Panek says:

Thank you AT … be careful not to obstruct your view. Nice to see you posting here. I am strong and with help like yours I will have my girl home and can relax. :)

68. tootz says:

Vote for obama, and it’ll get a lot worse!

69. fff says:

This is what happens when you live in a liberal place like Massachusetts. The government knows better than people do, and I agree because the stupid people of Massachusetts elect liberals like this.

70. JLF says:

Wouldn’t you know the town is run by Democrats and political correctness taken to extremes. When you read crap like this you want November to get here all the more quickly so we kick those low life’s out of office. Dear God in heaven protect us from politically correct Democrats. They are a scourge.

71. JLF says:

I am sorry. You can’t have a disagreement with a Democrat because you are a racist.

Oh look! The sun went down. It refuses to shine on Democrats. It too must be racist.

72. B says:

I suggest the Paneks avoid local Asian restaurants or depending on their curiosity seek them.

73. jennifer says:

The only reason I managed to get my dog back is because people recognized him from my flyers. It is horrible not to allow someone to post. I can see not wanting a ton of flyers left forever but they could always fine people who leave them up long after the dog has been found. This is just wrong.

74. ramicio says:

They want to keep the historic look of the town? I didn’t realize people couldn’t make fliers about their lost dogs 50, 100, or even 200 years ago… It must be a modern thing to look for a lost dog.

75. HarryO says:

Acton is too busy trying to distract everyone from their pedophile teachers and a dog story should do it for a while.

76. Jason says:

It’s interesting that when I saw the link on Drudge and just before clicking on it I thought to myself “must be Massachusetts”..sure enough. Unfortunately, I lived there long enough to where I can smell a story coming from there. Always “PC” and very loony-lefty-fascist over the top as ever.

77. Pancho says:

I left the commonwealth about 4 years ago, after living there for about 30 years. Best move I ever made. The place is run by liberal fruit cake rumps swabs. Good riddance.

1. 57STATES says:

I agree liberal who think they know better than you!

78. Paul D says:

liberal dementia at work in MA

79. Ed Ward II says:

No one wants to see the clutter of lost dog signs. If you’ve lost your dog, put an ad in the paper or in one of those online lists.

1. Janet K. says:

Hey Ed, since you read this post why don’t you go out and HELP Pat search for her dog? You read this in one of those online posts and it really inspired you to take action. Right?
      When searching for a lost dog, the faster people see signs and know what to look for, the more eyes will be in the field. Seeing a dog nosing around a person’s yard is useless UNLESS you’ve seen the picture on the street or read about a lost dog. Most people don’t leave their dogs out lease anymore unless there’s a person with them (If they do they’re idjuts).
      Getting the message out and getting eyes in the field is the best means of getting information. Sitting at home on a computer or reading it in a newspaper a week later is worthless. You should know by now that print media is dying.

Good to see you are well-informed and helping the cause. btw, which one of those online things or papers would you suggest since you are knowledgeable in making this recommendation?

80. desert says:

You think they would let her put up “Political lack of compassion ” signs? Remember this dimwit come election time!

81. Jesse says:

jaygee Just another stupid liberal who can’t get over the fact that a black man can be an incompetent president . Not man enough to admit you mad a massive mistake voting a radical socialist for president. I hate him because of what he’s done not what color he is, who cares about that ?

82. carl38 says:

Protest with posting signs that read, Missing : Officials that have no empathy.

83. Phil says:

The dog is not a child. I love dogs, and had a very large emotional attachment to my dogs. That being said, it’s insane to equate them with a child. They’re animals.

I think the good people of MA could get a lot more out of life by volunteering at a soup kitchen, going to church, or even having some normal human interaction with relatives and friensd rather than arguing about someone’s lost dog signs. Did anyone else think it was ironic that the town was concerned about the New Englandy-ness of the town because of the lost dog signs, but no one cares about the phone poles to which they are presumably attached?

1. RUKIDDIN says:

My dog is like my child. If you haven’t experienced the feeling, it’s your loss.

84. BadKosh says:

Ahh yes, yet another LIBERAL NORTHERN TOWN with too many rules. The REAL PARTY of NO! How does this rule/law ‘HELP” anyone?? Its all about appearance. Shallow liberal political hacks voted in by clueless stooges. YOU GET THE GOVERNMENT YOU DESERVE.

85. Floyd DaBarber says:

Lived in Acton for two years in an apartment before we bought a house (thankfully, not in Acton). … the center of the town is essentially the top of a wooded hill, with the town cascading down all fout sides of the hill to the “lowlands” below. So the town ends up being the haves and have nots… old yankee money and dot-com money up high and poor renters and passers-through below. That’s where the gas stations, apartments, restaurants, liquor stores, and fast roads that take commuters through town are… the hill is where the snobs and the beautiful people live… it has one small general store where milk costs twice what one would pay at the bottom of the hill… If your car climbs the hill from the poor outer trim of the town to the high town center with its white church and beaucolic common, you should expect to get stopped by an Acton cop if you do so looking like you’re not rich. To hear that they are hung up on paper signs isn’t a big surprise. Too bad for her the dog isn;t lost on Rte 2A or Rte 117… that’s the ghetto so nobody would care.

1. Eric says:

What a load of manure. I lived in Acton from sixth grade until I left for college. Everything you wrote is wrong. Route 2 has an exit a mile from the “high town center” and at the same same altitude. Maybe 30 vertical feet lower, there is a supermarket, multiple restaurants, a liquor store, gas stations, and apartments. And Indian Village, Half Moon Hill, and Strawberry Hill Road are inhabited by poor renters or passers-through? I can only imagine where you chose to move.

86. Mary says:

This is not unusual. The City Of Windcrest, TX did the same thing to my sister. Made her take down all her “lost dog” signs when her old dog wandered off.

87. Mark Z. says:

88. LAFFIN'atcha says:

It is ALWAYS easier to get forgiveness than permission…

89. sui winn says:

THE CITY forgot who pays their salary. They work for you and had no right to
    eliminate your rights. Fire the idiot !

90. jaxuim says:

Frankly, I’m confused. How does a lost dog and the owners difficulty with the city become an issue of Tea Party, Occupiers,etc. This starting to become ridiculous. The way things are going people would make a political issue about how many times a day a baby’s diaper needed to be changed.

91. Blackcurry says:

To many pets owners, their pets ARE their children. And no, it’s not wrong. Pets quickly become members of ones family and losing one can be just as painful as losing a child to a true pet lover.

92. N. Vestigator says:

Don’t make this more difficult than it needs to be.

Simply check Bridgett’s Twitter and Facebook updates, meet her at the club and drive her home.

93. Doglover says:

Nothing is wrong with putting up lost dog signs. Why would anyone bother to take them down? They aren’t hurting anyone.

94. Marcia says:

Get the Humane Society, ASPCA, and Best Friends involved. I will bet there will be signs all over that town. That’s the key to finding a lost dog, lots of signs every where. What idiocy!

95. JAG says:

I thought this story was a joke, but then I realized California, Illinois, and Massachusetts are still part of the United States. Just another day in Commi Heaven.

96. Chris says:

From Japan:

I was born in Needham MA and moved to Hawaii and now in Japan.

I think that board member is a joke and should be removed for making Acton look like a joke to the rest of the world. I thought Japan was a little behind when it came to pet care but this stuff in my own back yard MA?…….The guy should be fired. Is he an animal welfare expert? He should defer or shut his mouth.

97. NoGuff says:

What she should have done is get one of those doggie GPS collars. Then she wouldn’t have to post signs. If you’re going to own a dog, and you don’t take such precautions, then you’ve already chosen how much is too much to get your dog back. Suck it up and take some responsibility.

1. JK says:

Hey NoGuff,

Why don’t you tell us about the efficacy of GPS collars. You know it all. Does a dog ever slip a collar? What about when the battery dies or gets wet? How long does the battery last? Hmmm, a non-dying battery in a GPS collar? You should market that to Garmin, Apple, HTC, the laptop manufacturers and just about anyone else who uses batteries. Oh and then there is the issue of signal strength. Will the dog always be in a position to get a signal? Does your cell phone keep its signal 100% of the time? Are you an expert? We’d love to learn. According to Garmin – battery only lasts 48 hrs. If you happened to be in between charges or were planning on charging it ‘later’, it is ineffective. Nothing is ever perfect. A husky can run faster through more terrain than a human or vehicle. Most effective resource in locating and capturing a dog – human eyes and mouth via signs that tell people what to look for.

98. Dirk Diggler says:

Boston….ENOUGH SAID!
    You reap what you have sowed!

99. 57STATES says:

Stop voting for liberals and your taxes will stay low

100. Lisa Dingle says:

PAT!!!! I posted this with GSDR but just in case: I just saw the story about Bridgett on the national news!!! Her picture was front and center THE WHOLE TIME they were talking about her! They talked about the fact that the town won’t allow the signs and that Bridget has been seen etc. It was awesome!!!

101. JK says:

57 States – you have crossed the line. Religion has nothing to do with people’s personal preferences about signage. Politics is similarly irrelevant. You’ve gone one step too far. You are a narrow-minded, prejudiced idjut.

102. George N. Weezie says:

There is something else at play here that most people, including their state and local officials, are totally unaware. This is an example of what is called “Smart Planning” or “Smart Growth” or “Sustainable Development”. This is the implementation of UN Agenda 21. This is the greatest threat to your freedom bar none, including the Al Qeeda farce (they were created by and operate at the behest of our western intelligence agencies; the “bugi-man” de’jour). This threat seeks to break your back financially through ever-increasing taxation, while frustrating you with intentionally confusing “codes”. The end goal of this plan is to force you into “high density population zones” and away from your private property rights. You WILL lose your land. Here’s the kicker; you pay for it all. You pay for your own enslavement. UN Agenda 21 is a psychotic environmental movement that openly seeks to create greater “socioeconomic equality” by making wealthy countries poorer while pushing people off of their land to protect “mother earth”. They will push you farther and farther away from watersheds and “riparian zones” as you are considered a “non-point source pollution” contributor. This is the same vain that brainwashes our children into thinking carbon dioxide is a “poisonous gas”.

Don’t believe me? Do your own searches; search your town or county name with “regional commissions” (taxpayer funded lobbying groups that lobby your government for MORE GOVERNMENT). Are they a member of nado.org (parent lobbying group that is a consultant to the UN)? Search your city, town or county name with ICLEI (international council on local environmental initiatives). Check to see if the “Acton’s Planning Department” is a “Smart Planning Department” or is involved in “Sustainable Development”. I’ll assure you that they are.

This is the end of liberty and you, like me, have probably never heard these terms let alone known the fact that your local governments have fallen for this fraud hook line and sinker.

Here;s a good starting point: http://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com

1. George N. Weezie says:

Yep. I checked Acton’s Planning Department and yes, they are part of this scam. They call it “Smart Planning”. Good luck folks, you’re gonna need it.

Don’t feel special though, as this is happening coast-to-coast and in 176 other countries simultaneously. When you see the word “Sustainable”, or “Smart” you’ll know it is UN Agenda 21. You’re elected leadership will play like they have no idea what you are talking about if you confront them. I had the president of the NADO (UN Consultant) look me in the face and tell me he had never heard of UN Agenda 21. It is the 800lb gorilla in the room, but this one is going to stomp your brains out.

103. Julie says:

This is truly awful. If it were not for flyers, my dog Star wouldn’t have been found after missing for 11 cold nights. She should be allowed to post.

104. JasonMN says:

So… she got to put up her signs, continues to put up her signs, This is a story? Why is she whining to the media? Why is this taking up space on the web? Not much going on in Boston I guess.

105. Term Limits NOW! says:

Simple solution. Enroll Bridgett for the political position of Chairman of the Acton Board of Selectmen, because I’m sure any regulation regarding signs on light posts or yard signs that “We the People” are surely expected to follow will surely be void when the need arises by the lawmakers running for re-election.

106. Scott says:

If this town is anything like mine then come election time these town officials will have “vote for me” signs everywhere and they will stay up for months following the election. Personally, I’d rather vote for the dog.

107. jfkjax says:

Big deal! Let her post the signs. What’s the problem here? Is this community and particularly its elected officials insane? The woman is searching for her lost dog, help her out, don’t “prosecute” her. What is your problem.

108. Big Bear says:

Figures…another story out of Assachusetts with their lordly elected officials.

In my town, there is a law against posting bills. When it comes to lost pets, our officials are still HUMAN enough to look the other way.

Assachusetts and Commiefornia need to form their own People’s Republics. I’m sure we’ve got riff-raff up here to send to your Sanctuary Cities.

109. Lincoln Robertson says:

Laws get written, rewritten, amended, supplemented, revised…but none are ever repealed. Too many laws at all levels of government. When are we ever going to have a repeal spring?

110. nncbaxter says:

There are no dogs lost in Acton… pretty much like there are no gays in Iran and therefore cannot be persecuted. Idjiets.

111. garyinco says:

Watch this scumbag put up campaign signs when election time rolls around…

112. abba says:

the owner has no right to post her signs on public right of way. She could ask private property owners to allow her to post her signs on private property.

113. mmercier says:

Being from Massachusetts, I can assure all concerned that the vast majority of people here have no problem with governments controlling every aspect of their life, right down to what they are allowed to wipe their bums with.

114. Bill Carpenter says:

Know which town i would NEVER live in. People are amazing, and stupid.

115. KC says:

What’s the FACEBOOK page??

116. Lassie says:

Sounds like somebody needs to put up a lost testicles sign for the selectmen.

117. Steve George says:

Typical government control. People still won’t learn not to elect those parasites to office.

118. sargesgiftshop says:

God less this woman ahd her dog.
    A POX on the city.

119. Loadnabox says:

@JK: PPS, as long as you’re throwing insults, about intellect in the form of snarky comments about my comprehension of big words, be sure you spell those big words properly in your post.

120. Nab71 says:

Pat,
    The signs do work. Signs in Dunstable brought multiple sightings, helping Granite State to concentrate on an area. Skipper was caught this morning.
    Hopefully, Bridgett is next.

1. Nab71 says:

And by the way, tell the Acton selectmen all posters have already been taken down

121. vending machines in public schools says:

What i do not realize is actually how you’re not actually much more well-liked than you might be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

122. secrets to dog training, dog leash training,dog leash training tips,dog leashes,dog off leashtraining,pitbull leash training,dog training, leash training,puppy leash training,dog collar training,dog training tricks,dog potty training,the dog whisperer,pup says:

Hey There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

123. facebook fan says:

You could certainly see your expertise within the paintings you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. All the time follow your heart.