Northeastern Student Group Plucks The Feathers Of Chick-Fil-A

By Anthony Silva, WBZ News Radio 1030 New England Business Editor

BOSTON (CBS) – Plans to bring the fast food restaurant to the Northeastern campus are canceled. The student government has gone on record strongly against it, citing the chain’s support of anti-gay groups.

But not all on the campus are happy about the decision.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Anthony Silva reports

More from New England Business

1. Linder says:

Chic filet gave my two kids their first jobs when they were 14 yo 30 plus years ago. It was great. They are a terrific employer and do great things since they are a Christian Organization.

Then on the other hand my son is gay and I truly understand the upset this is causing. As good as their food is and its wonderful that this was a safe, clean place to work with good rules, I would have to vote them out for opposing gays openly.

God created us all in his likeness, loves us all and is all loving and all forgiving. Gays dont make him angry, people who dont believe in him and people who violate others makes him angry. As Christians, Chick Filet should understand this.

Chick Filet is sending a message and people need to respond to their message. Open a good up scale Soup, Bread and Salad bar at reasonable prices..

Here is a great chance to be heard. If you keep your comments intelligent, respectful and relevent, many more people will hear you.. We all have the right to agree to disagree. Now a grandmother of 70 this year, Linder

2. Scott says:

I like what you have to say, but don’t expect others to take you up on your offer to engage you in a “intelligent, respectful and relevent” conversation when you accuse people who don’t feel the same as you do about what is morally right of “violating others”.

3. Linder says:

Thats fair and respectfully said. I agree with some of what you said. I do agree everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just happen to believe that you hear more of what people are saying, right or wrong, when you offer some parameters and there isnt mean spirited name calling or accusations.

I pretty much said how I feel and have no intentions of chaning anyones mind. I also, dont have any expectations. You and I could be the only ones who made a statement of sorts. I do like the Soup and Salad bar idea.

4. Linder says:

Let me clarify something you brought up. I am NOT offering anyone to take me up on any offer to engage with me in a debate . I said what I had to say. Accusing someone of anything becasue I dont agree is not why I stopped here. Your assuming I would become accusatory,IF I didnt like what someone said.. Not what i do.
    I stopped because, I happen to think being gay is not a choice, just like being straight is a choice? ..becasue it is not. Its who we are and how we were born.

5. fred says:

I would think the students at Northeastern would have better things to do such as trying to help convicted violent criminals get paroled.

6. justivin says: