Teen, 5 Firefighters Hurt In Dorchester House Fire
DORCHESTER (CBS) – A teenager and several firefighters were hurt in a fire at a multi-family home in Dorchester early Monday morning.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Ben Parker reports
Investigators say it started around 5:45 a.m. when someone carelessly disposed of a cigarette on the second floor front porch.
WBZ-TV’s Paul Burton reports
Everyone inside the three-story duplex on Harvard Avenue escaped, but a 13-year-old boy and five firefighters were taken to the hospital.
The boy suffered minor burns on his face. Three of the firefighters were treated for chest pains. One had a face injury and another hurt his hand.
At one point, firefighters were evacuated because part of the home collapsed.
They were able to prevent it from spreading to a gas station across the street and another triple decker next door.
Authorities say four adults and five children were left homeless.
Damage is estimated at $500,000.