Roxbury Man Demands Answers About Alleged Police Brutality
BOSTON (CBS) – A Roxbury couple is demanding answers about a case of alleged police brutality.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Bernice Corpuz reports
Donovan Walker, a street worker formerly with the StreetSafe Boston initiative, says his encounter with the Boston Police last year has left him feeling unsafe.
“The peaceful tranquility of my home has been stolen by the Boston Police,” Walker told reporters Thursday.
Several fake 911 calls led police to his home on Burton Avenue, where someone reported a dead body and an armed man. He and his wife Nancy allowed two officers to check their apartment, but they claim a third officer forced his way in.
Donovan fell to the floor and said he was kicked in the head. He says, “The incident left me paralyzed for four and a half hours.”
Now a year later, they say no one has been held responsible.
Boston Police have not responded to a request to comment.