By Lauren Leamanczyk, WBZ-TV's New Hampshire Bureau Chief

WATERVILLE, ME (CBS) – Divers were back in the icy Kennebec River Friday continuing to search for Ayla Reynolds.

It was the same area they searched January 11th, but officials insisted the new effort was not the result of the tip. Their efforts in both searches came up empty. The missing one year old has not been seen since she was reported Missing on December 17th.

“It’s been 48 days and our concern grows every day, but we remain hopeful that we’ll find Ayla,” said Steven McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine State Police.

WBZ-TV’s Lauren Leamanczyk reports

Ayla’s grandfather Ronald Reynolds says he is keeping hope alive despite the grim news involving his granddaughter. “I can’t give up. I just can’t give up, you know. I’m hoping and praying that she’s still out there somewhere,” he said.

Maine State Police have turned up the heat on Ayla’s father Justin DiPietro, his girlfriend Courtney Roberts and his sister Elisha DiPietro. Earlier this week, authorities confirmed they found Ayla’s blood in the basement of DiPietro’s home. McCausland says the three adults who were in the house last night have still not been truthful.

“Without getting into a lot of specific details, there’s been contact this week and we hope that contact will continue,” McCausland answered when asked if detectives have spoken to the three. “We still think they know more than what they’ve told us.”

Reynolds believes they know more too. “I think something happened in the house. I do. That’s my honest opinion. I think something happened in that house. People know, but they’re too afraid to come out and say.”


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s