Missing Maine Toddler’s Mom Can’t Finish Lie Detector Test

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — The mother of a toddler reported missing from her father’s Waterville home a month ago says she was unable to finish a lie detector test because of a medical condition.

Trista Reynolds, the mother of 1-year-old Ayla Reynolds, said in a message posted on a website dedicated to finding the little girl, that she started taking a polygraph test on Wednesday but was told by the test administrator that she could not finish because of the undisclosed condition.

Trista Reynolds said she would be willing to complete the test after treatment by a doctor, but added that investigators were content with the results of the incomplete test.

The toddler’s father, Justin DiPietro, previously took a polygraph test but has not released results.

The girl’s parents do not live together.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Comments

1. jinxie says:

Wouldnt any medical conditions or prescriptions that could alter the test be devulged BEFORE the test was given? Was she not prepared for the hardball questions? I sincerely hope and pray she is not involved in this angels disappearance.

2. buddy says:

No doubt in my mind that she has done the unthinkable to her daughter. She is a substance abuser and should be sterilized as to not bring any other children into the world that she can’t take care of them responsibly.

I’m not sorry for being so harsh but if you can’t take care of yourself how in the world can she be able to take care of her own child? Sterilize her now before it’s to late and more of her children in the future go missing.

3. gramps says:

The ‘more’ she talks, “the more I ‘WONDER’?

gramps

4. Cis says:

i agree gramps – from day one she’s talked too much about nothing, without conviction and mostly about herself. j just doesn’t seem to get this isn’t about her, that her hollow words, getting gussied up for multple interviews looks unfit whether she’s involved or not.
    i also find it odd that hasn’t been reported thru media or by pd that they checked the whereabouts of all staff and patients who were at rehab with mom. yes ? only have read reports, heard words of pd that they checked dad’s friends and various relatives on both sides.

5. jcmd says:

I’ve thought “mom” was suspicious from the get-go. I believe she is involved. I am not sure on the Dad, but I really feel she is or should be a “person of interest”. I hope they find this child…but sadly we all know what outcome is most likely.

6. yamstar1 says:

She was suffering from “can’t tell the truth-itis”

7. sox fan 21 says:

the dad was the last one to seeher wheres he?

8. ginny says:

I’m with you gramps. While it’s been reported by the media that the father has been working with the Police from day one, and kept a low profile with the press, This mother has been front and center compaining, in my opinion.

9. Ron B says:

They’re still using polygraphs? Really? Why didn’t they just examine the shape of her skull and determine if she’s a killer?

10. robd says:

Sounds like she planned that one pretty well.

11. emom says:

She never shows any sad emotions about the dissapearance of her daughter, WHY IS THAT,,, she is void of compassion, never seeming the least bit scaredm always with some sort of a smile. WHY , I would be falling apart, screaming for justice, to continue to look for my child, to fight to find my child.. asking hard questions, leaving no stone unturned. Instead she smiles, a cockeye smile, and never seems to show concern,, WHY IS THAT… as for the father, I still dont see him saying much either, I see more of the mother and little of the father,, Is it possible he is falling appart, and can not face anyone cause he is beside himself with grief, or is the grief a front. I find this case so disturbing and yet there are no real answers, and both parents know something, what that is, is a mystry….. I dont believe either, till that child is found I would not let them out of their sites, something is seriously wrong with this case,,

12. emom says:

She never shows any sad emotions about the disappearance of her daughter, WHY IS THAT,,, she is void of compassion, never seeming the least bit scared always with some sort of a smile. WHY , I would be falling apart, screaming for justice, to continue to look for my child, to fight to find my child.. asking hard questions, leaving no stone unturned. Instead she smiles, a grin type smile, and never seems to show concern,, WHY IS THAT… as for the father, I still don’t see him saying much either, I see more of the mother and little of the father,, Is it possible he is falling apart, and can not face anyone cause he is beside himself with grief, or is the grief a front. I find this case so disturbing and yet there are no real answers, and both parents know something, what that is, is a mystery….. I don’t believe either, till that child is found I would not let them out of their sites, something is seriously wrong with this case,,

13. DoverDavid says:

I agree with emom, she never seems worried or upset, although I also feel that from the start, this story has been missing pieces. If neither parent is involved, where and how was the child taken from the house? There has been no report of perhaps how the child was removed, if there was a door or window broken. The entire thing seems odd to me.

14. Alexander Arcovio says:

TIME WILL TELL NO SUCH THING AS A SECRET WHEN MORE THAN ONE PERSON KNOWS IT

15. Alexander Arcovio says:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SECRET WHEN MORE THAN ONE PERSON KNOWS IT ONLY LIES AND INUENDO