EPA Report Shows Declining Pollutant Levels In Mass.

BOSTON (AP) — A new report from federal environmental officials shows Massachusetts has reduced the amount of pollutants it releases into the environment.

The Environmental Protection Agency’s 2010 Toxic Release Inventory shows that at 441 Massachusetts facilities, the overall release of pollutants was 4.3 million pounds, a decrease of 1.12 million pounds from 2009.

The inventory includes toxic chemical disposals and releases into the air, land and water.

Curt Spalding, regional administrator for EPA’s New England office, said the inventory is an important tool for citizens and communities to find out what chemicals may be released locally.

Comments

1. Joan Hogan says:

Braintree Ma, has many problems with Cancer Carcinogens being present within
    the soil , caused by the Former General Electric Plant that made parts for AirCrafts.
    The Plant Is Now located In Lynn Massachusetts. Braintree St. Colettas Day School
    Is One School ( For Special Needs Children) , That was Chosen for Testing and this was published In US Today. Many People Including Students Have Become Ill
    From This. The School Never Informed The Parents. My Son cannot Return To that School as It Causes Him To have respitatory Issues, Boston Public Schools Has
    done nothing but Ignore The Issue ,and my son Is Now left In Limbo.

2. Concerned parent says:

What are you basing this information on? Who are your sources? Seems as if you have a grudge against an institution which has done nothing but put their students first. Have you heard of Munchausen by Proxy? I’ve had friends and family pass through their doors and have never anyone complain. Perhaps you should reconsider whether or not to take out your aggression on organizations like St. Colletta’s and focus on the true perpetrators, the ones who are actually polluting our environment.

3. Joan Hogan says:

FIRST OF ALL THE INSULTS ARE NOT WARRANTED OR NECESSARY. I HAVE DOCUMENTATION FROMUSA TODAY AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ! LOOK
    BEFORE YOU LEAP ! YOU IGNORANT CREEP !

4. Joan Hogan says:

FIRST OF ALL I DID THE RESEARCH ! USA TODAY WROTE THE ARTICLE ! THE US DEPT. OF EPA KNOWS ! , AS WELLAS, THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. YOU ARE THE IGNORANT ONE ! LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP ! REGARDING YOUR INSULTS ,
    IF YOU WERE NOT AFRAID TO SAY WHO YOU ARE THEN YOU WOULD SHOW COURAGE ! ALSO LIBEL STATEMENTS MADE BY YOU ARE UNWARRANTED ! AND YOU COULD PUT YOUR SELF @ RISK FOR A CIVIL LITIGATION. THIS IS NOT AGAI NST ANY CATHOLIC INSTITUTION IT INVOLVES PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN WHICH YOU SEEM QUITY OF.

5. Concerned Parent #2 says:

According to the article in USA Today, Cardinal Cushing Centers in Braintree, MA (aka Braintree St. Coletta Day School) actually ranks in the 81st percentile on the national scale of toxicity in our nation’s schools, with 104,778 of 127,809 schools having worse air quality than St. Coletta’s. This is a wonderful ranking, putting St. Coletta in the top 19% of schools across the nation for GOOD air quality. You may be confused because St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee ranks in the 8th percentile on the national scale of toxicity in our nation’s schools, with only 9,281 of 127,809 schools having worse air quality, and has since closed. This is all according to the USA today source that you yourself have cited. It is an easy mistake to make, but please make sure you get your facts straight before you unjustly slander the name of a school.

1. Joan Hogan says:

IN Response To Concerned Parent .. I ASked The Director Of The School To Discuss This Article With Me ! He Never Returned My Calls ,or Responded To My Emails. I HAVE FOR MONTHS ASKED HIM TO INVESTIGATE! I Have Emails to prove that the emails I sent were Read. THE WHole City Of Braintree Has Contaminated Sites From The General Electric Plant. I Am Saddened you are Blinded by The Light.
      I Being A responsible Parent Will Not Let My Child Return. I Have My Facts Straight.
      Sometimes having Pandoras box opened IS A positive thing.

6. Joan Hogan says:

IN Response To Concerned Parent .. I asked the Director of the School for a response , which I never received. I have Emails That I sent . This Is the same school In August 2010 who sent my disabled child home ,after he fell off a swing ,
    The Nurse was inept in adreesing the Issue. My Son Fractured his Vertebrae .I have the Note from School He fell off a swing, complained his back hurt, Instead
    of calling me or Ems They sent him home on his school bus ,AndI had to call an Ambulance from my house To bring him to a Hospital ER.

7. Joan Hogan says:

I asked the Director of the School to respond and he never did. i SENT EMAILS
    WHICH WERE NEVER RESPONDED TO. i STILL KNOW THAT THEIR iS STILL CANCER CAUSING CARCINOGENS , USA TODAY ,WOULDNOT HAVE WRITTEN IT ,
    AND MY SONS ASTHMA WOULDNOT HAVE GOTTEN WORSE.