Patrick Doesn’t Believe Murray Lied About High Speed Crash

BOSTON (CBS) – Now that the official information about Lt. Gov Tim Murray’s crash is public, Gov. Deval Patrick says “it’s time to move on.”

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Karen Twomey reports

Murray apparently fell asleep at the wheel and was driving 108 miles per hour without a seat belt on, just before he crashed on I-190 in Sterling Nov. 2.

Hours after the accident, he said he had been wearing a seat belt and wasn’t speeding.

Murray didn’t dispute the State Police report Tuesday.

When asked if he thought Murray lied, Patrick told reporters Wednesday, “No.  I know this man, I care about him.”

Patrick also said he did not believe there should be an independent investigation.

“I think the most important thing for me and most residents of the Commonwealth is to thank God that he’s ok,” the governor said.

“I’ve been in an accident before and I know how it happens instantly and I know how flawed peoples’ accounts of them often are.”

WBZ-TV’s Alana Gomez reports

Comments

1. MASS RESIDENT says:

REALLY REALLY
    HE RELIABLE TO SAY THAT HE DID NOT LIE
    HUHH

2. TMc says:

Patrick you are an idiot…..how did he NOT lie…every thing he said right after the accident turned out to be a LIE….no wonder MA is going down the toilet!!!

1. foamy says:

The thing that irks me the most – our elected officials are SUPPOSED to be of impeccable moral character and integrity – which is grounded in honesty. Mr. Murray has none of those. To me, that means that Governor Patrick endorses lying and dishonesty, and so do the people who voted him back into office. Until society finds its moral compass again – we’re doomed.

3. tax payer says:

108 m.p.h. gets him a speeding ticket? Anybody else would immediately lose their license and have to appear in court for driving to endanger. Can i expect the same courtesy for 108m.p.h.? probably not…..just a set of “wrist bracelets” and a ride in the back of a state police cruiser.

4. sloopjohnB2 says:

Shame on the Governor for participating in this coverup. The State Police are a joke with their so called investigation. Maybe its time for Col. McGovern to go since it’s obvious she has no control over the department. As for the Lt. Governor my question is how does one fall asleep after just getting up at 5AM. unless he never went to bed in the first place? Where was he? I hope for his family’s sake their is not another shoe to drop.

5. foamy says:

The thing that irks me the most – our elected officials are SUPPOSED to be of impeccable moral character and integrity – which is grounded in honesty. Mr. Murray has none of those. To me, that means that Duh-val Patrick endorses lying and dishonesty, and so do the people who voted him back into office. Until society finds its moral compass again – we’re doomed.

6. Justanordinarygyrl says:

I vote that we nominate Murray as Patricks one and only driver- who agree’s?

7. Spencer says:

IDIOT is too nice of a “name” for Patrick. He walks around with an “air” about him that he is above everyone else as do his CRONIES!!… That my friends is coming to an end. VOTE HIM OUT!!!!! Oh, lets talk State Police??

8. Kathy H says:

This was an accident. oh my God! He didn’t commit a crime.
    Big deal! The press is always trying to make a big drama out of this story.
    If he were John Doe public no one would care! move on like the gov says.

1. tjb says:

he lied..he is a elected official… i know its not a big deal if youre part of the dem party…but lets pretend just for a min he was of another pol party, um, lets say a repub, or an indy……. he should be treated the same as they would be…. move on move on, yep nothing to see here..move on = its ok if its our guy…… we cant continue to have different rules for dems…. an im an ex-dem

9. tjb says:

john doe public would have a ticket for no seat belt, and would probably lose his lic too..or jail…..and maybe more charges for the people of mass’s car he totaled….. but lets just move on…and the scary thing is, you probably vote too……….

10. vb says:

holding elected officals to some higher ground is hilarious. they are people just like everyone else. also keyword… ELECTED. you elected the “liar” it’s you’re own fault!

11. Mark says:

Liar backing up liar. John Doe would be losing his license for driving so as to endanger. May I have more kool-aid sir?

12. Mark says:

Liar backing up liar. May I have more kool-aid sir?