WELLESLEY (CBS) – An underground electrical fire caused a great deal of trouble above ground Tuesday in Wellesley Square.
Just before 7 a.m. smoke started pouring out of several manholes on Central Street after an underground cable ignited.
Authorities cut power to the area and the fire went out.
No one was hurt, but there were concerns about carbon dioxide levels in several businesses in the neighborhood.
They were aired out as a precaution.
Many could not open for the day because power had not been restored.