Mayor: Connecticut Fire That Killed 5 Was Not Foul Play
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) — The mayor of Stamford, Conn., says it appears the cause of a Christmas Day blaze that killed three children and their grandparents was related to a fireplace in the home.
Mayor Michael Pavia says foul play has been ruled out. He says preliminary information shows it was just a tragic accident.
He described the cause as “fireplace-related” but could not provide more details.
New York advertising executive Madonna Badger and a male acquaintance were able to escape. Her parents, who were visiting for the holidays, and her daughters were killed.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press.