BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some items that are making news around the NFL.
– College football analyst and ex-Patriot Craig James is running for Senate in the state of Texas. James announced his candidacy at a Republican fundraiser on Monday. James had been thinking about throwing his hand into politics for over a year now and his good friend Roy Bailey told the AP that Craig dropped off his papers on Monday.
– After getting their first win of the season against the Tennessee Titans, Colts President Bill Polian addressed the media and told reporters that Peyton Manning will not be making an appearance in the last 2 games of the season, which means Manning will sit out the entire 2011 season. Many thought they would give Peyton and shot and look at where he is at in his recovery. What Polian also said was, he’s not sure of Manning’s future with the team. “I don’t know the answer to that,” Polian said.”There are so many variables involved that it’s impossible to tell at this point in time. It’s our fervent hope that he is. But I couldn’t unequivocally give you an answer of yea or nay.” Looks like it’s a wait-and-see approach if you are a Colts fan.
– Rex Ryan is at it again. The battle of New York takes place this weekend when the Jets and the Giants play on Saturday. At Monday’s press conference, Ryan brought out the bulletin board material by saying he thought the Jets were the better team. “There’s a lot of talk going back and forth, most of it driven by me. But I’ll stand by anything I’ve ever said. I didn’t come here to be anybody’s little brother. I came here to win, to be looked at that way and to take over not just this city, even though it’s the city to take over, but also this league. I haven’t accomplished that yet. Saturday, I think, will go a long way to doing that. Certainly, we were the better team (than the Giants) the first two years. We made the playoffs and went to the (AFC) championship game. To say a team’s better than you that never made the playoffs is ridiculous. Clearly, we were the better team my first two years (as Jets coach). We get to prove it Saturday who the best team is this year.” I am sure the Giants have that quote and more on their board and they will have a reaction on Saturday.
– Soccer 6 chimes in this week and the big word for Soccer is divorce. Forget about “HumpDashian,” that is old news. Now it’s Kobe Bryant and his wife Vanessa. Say it isn’t so, I am so shocked. Vanessa has filed for divorce and the reason for all of this, I know it’s going to be a surprise, is that Kobe allegedly has been cheating. You know this comes as a shock to me, I mean Kobe hasn’t been to Eagle Colorado in like, 4 or 5 weeks. 6 doesn’t understand why they didn’t get a divorce the first time. I actually know the answer to this. Kobe gave her a $4 million infidelity bling-ring. Diamonds sometimes can say sorry. $4 million worth of Diamonds says, you’re not going anywhere. Soccer says Kobe’s biggest mistake could be he did not get a prenuptial after that Colorado mess. I feel I may have to pass out now. How stupid is Kobe Bryant? The basketball genius soon going to be in the poor house. He’s going to have to play basketball forever.
– Sticking with that theme, Soccer says Deion Sanders is getting a divorce from his wife Pilar. If anybody has seen Pilar, you know she can be a bit much. Let’s give it up for Deion for sticking with her for so long. Hell, he lost his hair when he started dating her. 6 says no cheating in this one, just separation. Again, I told you she’s crazy and Deion is running that BOLT speed to get away from her. Deion is a good guy. Pilar is something not so good. Run Deion run!!
– Finally, 6 says Khloe and Lamar are going to Dallas and E! is following them. OHHHH JOY. Just because Lamar Odom got traded to the Mavericks, I thought that the television show would end. Soccer says not so fast. I guess E! does not care about morals or bad television. Mostly the latter. If there was anything I wanted for the holidays, I wanted this show to be pulled off the air and the whole Kardashian family be forced to occupy the streets of Detroit. Now, that would be a reality show I would watch.
Thanks for reading people and thank you Soccer 6.