WORCESTER (CBS) – Police have arrested a man they have been looking for as part of an investigation into the fire that killed a Worcester firefighter.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Lana Jones reports.

At this point, 21-year-old Ronald Robbins, who had been living at the Arlington Street home that was gutted by the fire last week, was arrested only on outstanding warrants unrelated to the fire.

WBZ-TV’s Bill Shields reports.

Robbins was interviewed about the fire, and the investigation is continuing. He was arraigned on those outstanding warrants in Worcester District court on Wednesday afternoon.

Veteran firefighter Jon Davies, 43, died last Thursday when a wall collapsed while he and a partner were looking for Robbins, the person thought to be trapped inside a burning home.

A $5,000 reward is being offered for information about the cause of the fire. The district attorney has stopped short of declaring the fire arson, but Arson Watch reward signs are now attached to the outside of the house on Arlington Street.

Authorities said Wednesday that the posters are just there to help them get information and they haven’t released any cause of the fire yet.


A wake for Davies was held Wednesday afternoon at the Mercadante Funeral Home.

WBZ-TV’s Jim Armstrong reports.

The city is preparing for up to 12,000 firefighters from around the country to attend his funeral Thursday.

You can watch it live on CBSBoston.com and WBZ-TV at 10 a.m.

Police Arrest Tenant Missing Since Deadly Worcester Fire

Comments (2)
  1. RL says:

    This happened in Worcester before. The DA did the same ridicules thing and went after a pound of flesh that’s wasn’t their . The idiot is wasting taxpayers money.The DA arrested some homeless people that were supposed to be in the warehouse. He even created rumors that they set the fire which were all false.
    So now they go after another pound of flesh.
    It was a terrible accident . If anyone is to blame it’s the inspectors that didn’t do their job and the owner for not fixing code violations . BTW “The owner lives in a palace in Newton Ma. Get there butt in court “.
    My heart goes out to the family of the Firefighter

    1. mother_of1FF says:

      The homeless people were using the dangerous warehouse for shelter, and Knew they knocked over a candle and caused the fire. -not rumor, fact- How can you say it was an accident? The left because they could not contain the fire themselves.they even had the means to call and report the blaze, and chose not to.
      The firefighters would not have gone in if they had known the occupants had left the scene.
      I agree that the owner of the building on Arlington St should be called in for questioning.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s