High School Football Highlights From Across Mass.
BOSTON (CBS) – It was a busy day out on the gridiron. High school teams across the state took the field for their annual Thanksgiving football games.
It doesn’t make a difference what your record is. Playing on Thanksgiving, in high school is all about the victory. The winner gets the glory until the next Turkey Day.
- At halftime of the 50th anniversary of the Catholic Memorial Knights-BC High Eagles game, CM’s new turf field was named in honor of their legendary football coach Jim O’Connor. BC High won 13-7 and they clinch the Catholic Conference Championship. The Eagles will face Chelmsford in the Division 1 playoffs.
WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid reports
- Everett hosted Cambridge and it was the Jonathan DiBiaso show once again. Four more touchdown passes for the senior. Big John has 42 on the season and 101 for his career. The Crimson Tide win it 48 to 8. It’s their 23rd straight victory. The Tide will face Lynn English in the Division 1A playoffs.
- Bedford faced undefeated Concord-Carlisle. Both teams with a 3-0 conference record, so the winner goes to the postseason. Tim Badgley ran for two scores and Concord Carlisle won, 34 to 7. They improve to 11-0 and they will take on Holliston in the Division 3 playoffs.
- Marblehead beat Swampscott 21-7, and will face Wakefield in the Division 2A playoffs. CLICK HERE for a full report from Marblehead.
- Leominster and Fitchburg met in Central Mass. with Leominster winning 21-14.