State Hosts Public Meetings On Utility Response To October Snowstorm
BOSTON (CBS) – The state has scheduled public hearings to give people a chance to offer their input on how the power companies handled the fall nor’easter.
There will be eight hearings throughout Central and Western Massachusetts beginning on December 5th.
The Department of Public Utilities is looking into whether the power companies were properly prepared for the storm.
Some people lived without power for nearly a week.
National Grid Meeting Schedule:
- Monday, December 5 at 7 p.m. at East Longmeadow High School, 180 Maple Street, East Longmeadow
- Wednesday, December 7 at 7 p.m. at Belchertown High School, Room 317, 142 Springfield Road, Belchertown
- Thursday, December 8 at 7 p.m. at DCU Center, 50 Foster Street, Worcester
- Tuesday, December 13 at 7 p.m. at Brookfield Town Hall, 6 Central Street, Brookfield
- Thursday, December 15 at 7 p.m. at Tyngsboro High School, 36 Norris Road, Tyngsborough
National Grid – Tropical Storm Irene hearings:
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, 7 p.m. (rescheduled from Nov. 1) at Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Road, Southborough
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 7 p.m. (rescheduled from Nov. 3) at Attleboro High School, 100 Rathbun Drive, Attleboro
- Tuesday, December 13 at 7 p.m. at Maynard Town Hall, 195 Main Street, Maynard
Western Mass. Electric Co. Meetings:
- Monday, December 5 at 7 p.m. at Duggan Middle School, 1015 Wilbraham Road, Springfield
- Tuesday, December 13 at 7 p.m. at Greenfield High School, 1 Lenox Ave., Greenfield