Report: Red Sox Likely Destination For Carlos Beltran

BOSTON (CBS) – It looks like Boston is the most likely destination for free agent outfielder Carlos Beltran, according to Sports Illustrated’s Jon Heyman.

Heyman, a weekly guest on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Gresh & Zo, cited a competing baseball executive, who predicted Beltran would sign a two-year deal with the Red Sox.

Listen: Heyman on Gresh & Zo Tuesday

The Giants were also interested, but Heyman said they are out after trading for Melky Cabrera.

Heyman said Beltran, a switch-hitter, fits with the Red Sox, who are looking to balance a lineup heavy with left-handed hitters.

Last year with the Mets and Giants, the 34-year-old Beltran hit .300 with 22 home runs, 84 RBI, a .385 on-base percentage and .525 slugging percentage.

The six-time All-Star is coming off a 7-year, $119 million deal he signed with the Mets after the 2004 season.

  • toosoxy

    this has potential!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Taz Show
Download Weather App

Listen Live