NEWwbztv-small wbz-am-small 985-small mytv38web2

Local

Two Die From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Palmer

By Christina Hager, WBZ-TV
View Comments
Fire Marshal Stephen Coan held a news conference after two people died from CO poisoning in Palmer.

Fire Marshal Stephen Coan held a news conference after two people died from CO poisoning in Palmer.

WBZ-TV's Christina Hager Christina Hager
Award-winning reporter Christina Hager works as a general assignmen...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

PALMER (CBS) - Two people trying to stay warm without electricity in the Bondsville section of Palmer were found dead in their home Tuesday.

“This heater was placed inside the mobile home in an area that lacked proper ventilation,” said State Fire Marshal Steve Coan, pointing to a portable propane-fueled space heater.

“It had been running inside the home for quite sometime.”

Fire investigators found extremely high levels of carbon monoxide in the mobile home.

57-year-old Alan Stevens was found dead, along with his son’s 22-year-old girlfriend who also lived in the home, and their two dogs.

Fire investigators found a combination CO and smoke detector disassembled near the woman.

WBZ-TV’s Christina Hager reports

The area had been without power since Sunday.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus